Switching cell phones question

Sully

We are getting ready to switch phones and providers; moving from Verizon and iPhones to something better. The big question... we have pictures and music on our iPhones. Is it possible to move these over to non-iphone devices? I know I'd have to back them up to iTunes first. Is there an app I can put on the computer to convert them so that they'll load on a different device? Or am I over-thinking it and it's much simpler than that? Please help!!

We are getting ready to switch phones and providers; moving from Verizon and iPhones to something better. The big question... we have pictures and music on our iPhones. Is it possible to move these over to non-iphone devices? I know I'd have to back them up to iTunes first. Is there an app I can put on the computer to convert them so that they'll load on a different device? Or am I over-thinking it and it's much simpler than that? Please help!!

You can move music and pictures from your phone through itunes. They save as normal files that can be played on a computer and another phone like android. You are overthinking it ;)

I used to use http://www.i-funbox.com/ as an alternative to itunes. It is really easy.

I picked up the Samsung S3, she got the S5. We can't port our numbers until this coming Saturday, so we're not really using the phones. I've messed around with it some and downloaded some apps. So far, I like them a LOT more than the iPhones.

I still need to backup our phones to iTunes so that we can use the smart switch app, so I can't say yet how well that worked.