College Football Thread v10.0

bicranium

Heisman:

1. Be a QB

2. On a team that does decently good

3. Have good stats

or

4. Be a offensive skill position player with ridiculous stats in a year in which QBs are meh

OSU will have 3 legitimate Heisman contenders on the field AT THE SAME TIME. (Brax, Easy E, and whoever Meyer picks as QB). :megusta:

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OSU will have 3 legitimate Heisman contenders on the field AT THE SAME TIME. (Brax, Easy E, and whoever Meyer picks as QB). :megusta:

Seriously. Think about it: Braxton Miller could win the Heisman and is arguable the fourth best player in Ohio State's backfield.

Dream Scenario:

1. Ohio State wins national title (again)

2. Someone from Ohio State wins Heisman

3. Bosa wins the defensive player of the year award and goes #1 in draft

4. Cardale Jones goes in first round of NFL draft

5. Elliot goes in first round of NFL draft

6. Ohio State smokes an SEC team in the playoff on way to winning playoff

7. Some Ohio State offensive lineman goes in first found of NFL draft

8. Braxton has Heisman-like numbers and goes in first round of NFL draft

Is there any chance Ohio State could have three to four guys go in first round of the draft? I usually don't care that much about NFL draft status, but I know recruits care, and, as a result, it matters a lot.

Teams that I would like Ohio State to just straight smoke:

1. Southern California (payback for 2008, 2009, and all those times in the Woody era)

2. Anyone from the SEC, but preferably Florida, LSU, South Carolina, and Auburn

3. Florida State (just because their fans are obnoxious)

4. Miami (just because they deserve as many beatdowns that can be handed out)

Teams that I would like Ohio State to just straight smoke:

1. Southern California (payback for 2008, 2009, and all those times in the Woody era)

2. Anyone from the SEC, but preferably Florida, LSU, South Carolina, and Auburn

3. Florida State (just because their fans are obnoxious)

4. Miami (just because they deserve as many beatdowns that can be handed out)

If Florida can somehow stop sucking ass, win the east, and somehow, against all odds win the SEC championship ending up in the playoff, it would be quite the fucking story. Even crazier than the "Saban ran Meyer out of the SEC" nonsense that was the talk last year.

Urban crushed Ohio State with his Florida team, I'd like to see him return the favor ... to himself ... or something.

If Florida can somehow stop sucking ass, win the east, and somehow, against all odds win the SEC championship ending up in the playoff, it would be quite the fucking story. Even crazier than the "Saban ran Meyer out of the SEC" nonsense that was the talk last year.

Urban crushed Ohio State with his Florida team, I'd like to see him return the favor ... to himself ... or something.

Yup, love it.

6 from Miami in 2004

Christ. How we beat that 2002 team I'll never know.

Well, actually, I do. Ohio State's defense was fantastic that year and played a pretty good game. Miami probably wasn't ready for how good Ohio State was defensively. And, though I don't like to admit it, Miami didn't really play inspired. They came in kind of flat. Quite frankly, they probably felt like they had the championship in the bag before the game ever started. Kind of like how Ohio State did in 2006. When you're that good, and everyone is telling you how good you are and the other team doesn't stand a chance, it's easy to let your guard down. So, it was perfect storm for Ohio State, who was used to playing really close games in which they sucked offensively and relied on their defense to save them.

Locked in.

So what's the side action on whether you ever see a dime regardless?

I've seen mock drafts that have as many as 6-8 OSU guys in the first round...

Bosa, Jones, Decker, Elliott, Mike Thomas, Lee, Bell and Miller. I think 3-4 are safe bets though realistically, Bosa, Elliott, Jones and Decker

Will be close to the '06 draft.

Christ. How we beat that 2002 team I'll never know.

Well, actually, I do. Ohio State's defense was fantastic that year and played a pretty good game. Miami probably wasn't ready for how good Ohio State was defensively. And, though I don't like to admit it, Miami didn't really play inspired. They came in kind of flat. Quite frankly, they probably felt like they had the championship in the bag before the game ever started. Kind of like how Ohio State did in 2006. When you're that good, and everyone is telling you how good you are and the other team doesn't stand a chance, it's easy to let your guard down. So, it was perfect storm for Ohio State, who was used to playing really close games in which they sucked offensively and relied on their defense to save them.

Bingo.

OSU has had 5.

Let's also not forget the damage that the hit on McGahee did, both to the ability of Miami to run the ball, and to their psyche. I'm a homer, and I'm glad we won the game, but even I cringe when things like that happen.

Yup. Not long before he got wiped out, he basically walked around the defense and strolled into the end zone with like zero effort. I fear they were starting to get on a roll and might have won going away had he not been hurt.

Holy shit I just youtubed that hit. His knee was fucked up!!

Seriously question it troll. You all think Jones as in Cardel Jones would be a first rounder??? The dude has played three games and important ones at that, but his supporting cast was outstanding. He did nothing brilliant that would lead to a first round pick. No way. He doesn't have enough playing time to be a first or even second round pick. I guess that could change if he is the starter this year but as one right now no way.

Holy shit I just youtubed that hit. His knee was fucked up!!

Seriously question it troll. You all think Jones as in Cardel Jones would be a first rounder??? The dude has played three games and important ones at that, but his supporting cast was outstanding. He did nothing brilliant that would lead to a first round pick. No way. He doesn't have enough playing time to be a first or even second round pick. I guess that could change if he is the starter this year but as one right now no way.

He would've been late 1st round/early 2nd had he entered the draft this year, that according to the ESPN draft analyst. I have seen him as high as #1 in some mock drafts for the 2016 draft.

Walter Football:

" 1. Cleveland Browns: Cardale Jones, QB, Ohio State

The Browns failed to trade up for Marcus Mariota, so they'll have to find their quarterback of the future next spring; Chris Mortensen reported that Cleveland has "90 percent" given up on a quarterback who rolls $20s in bathrooms. Mike Pettine called the report "90-percent inaccurate," but he was 90-percent lying in order to maintain leverage for Mariota.

Cardale Jones would've been a second-round prospect had he declared for the 2015 NFL Draft, though there was a chance he would've gone late in the first via a team trading up. That will hardly be the case in the 2016 NFL Draft. If Jones starts and continues to thrive, he'll be a top-five selection, and he could potentially go No. 1 overall. He has way too much upside and natural talent, displaying Ben Roethlisberger- or Daunte Culpepper-type ability. "

2. Oakland Raiders: Joey Bosa, DE/DT, Ohio State

Joey Bosa dominated college football this past year and would've definitely been a top-five pick in the 2015 class had he been draft-eligible. He wasn't, so the Raiders would strongly consider him at No. 2 overall, as he could provide a big boost to their porous defense. Unlike Leonard Williams this year, Bosa will likely be viewed as the top consensus prospect in the draft. Oakland passed on Williams, but perhaps that won't be the case with Bosa.

14. Detroit Lions: Taylor Decker, OT, Ohio State

The Lions upgraded the guard position in the 2015 draft, but they still have a huge hole at right tackle. I can't imagine them failing to address this void two years in a row.

21. Carolina Panthers: Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Ohio State

Jonathan Stewart finished his 2014 campaign on a hot streak, but he's an injury-prone running back who will be entering his 30s soon. The Panthers will want to bring in another running back just in case Stewart continues to nurse injuries.

Ezekiel Elliott is a first-round prospect despite the fact that the running back position has been devalued. Elliott, who was amazing in Ohio State's championship run, has drawn comparisons to Fred Taylor.

30. Indianapolis Colts: Darron Lee, DE/OLB, Ohio State

I liked the Trent Cole signing, but he's obviously just a short-term solution. The Colts will have to find a pass-rusher to help them get after the quarterback for the next decade.

I agree with the other mentions in the mock draft I just don't see how Jones can be a first or second rounder with so little playing time. I guess that's why they are mock drafts and we have a long way to go til the 2016 draft. It will be interesting. Either way OSU is going to have some very skilled players in the NFL next year.

Nfl scouts probably know more about football than you or I. 6'5 with ability to run if needed and throw 70yard bombs. I think a lot of NFL choices are based on potential. It's a strange league when you think about it. It's rarely the big college stars that blow up in the NFL, its the guy you've never really heard of. Edited by DaddyBuiltRacing

Cardale was third on the depth chart for a reason. I don't think he is nearly the QB that Barrett is. Had Barrett played the three games Cardale did, he might have thrown for 1000 yards and scored 10 TDs. Ohio State's offense was just hitting on all cylinders and - like jive said - Cardale had a fantastic supporting cast, which helped hide some of his faults.

What I think we like as fans and what the scouts like is Cardale's potential. He has the prototypical size to do well and can throw he ball a mile. That kind of potential alone will get at least one (perhaps foolish) team to fall in love. Cardale physically reminds me of Jamarcus Russell. Hopefully his NFL career doesn't play out like Russell's.