Track Rental before IFO?

miller11386

If we are picking other places than trails, I'd rather take Norwalk or Quaker. Better prep and no bullshit hump in the middle of the racetrack to make you break traction.

In my book:

Norwalk

Quaker

Trails

Thompson

Quaker will probably give a Similar price break.

I agree, I just like how "loose" Thompson is.

Pacemakers (mt. vernon) was awesome last year as long as track wasnt cold when it was 36° out. Kids that run the water box did a great job. I was impressed and 60 foot times didn't change. Not sure if they do rentals or not.

I can't imagine a business turning away paying customers.

We're in for Friday, May 1st at Trails. Don't ask what I've been through to get that date, take it or leave it.

We're working on a fall date, probably at another track (D42 or Norwalk possibly).

I can appreciate that it has been a struggle.

I guess I will need to find something before the 4/26 date to get my testing in. Thanks for the update, but I cant make it down on a Friday.

Pacemakers (mt. vernon) was awesome last year as long as track wasnt cold when it was 36° out. Kids that run the water box did a great job. I was impressed and 60 foot times didn't change. Not sure if they do rentals or not.

Last time I checked they did rentals, however almost everyone on CR gets butthurt about running 1/8th mile, even though there are a few of us that prefer it.

Yeah, we usually have a Saturday before the first IFO. Not this year unless someone wants to cough up an additional $1500 for track insurance or run only a single lane all day.

I'd be willing to help put cash towards the $1500 for a full day if others are willing to help make it to the $1500 mark.

Does trails require proper vehicle prep to run, IE, I have my batter in my trunk on the mustang, but no cut off. Would I get turned away from them? Not that its a big deal to get it taken car of ahead of time lol. The only track I have run at is MCIR, and they don't check anything, so long as it runs you can line it up.

I dont understand why people would want to run 1 lane? I guess if your using it to tune your stuff ok but the majority want to go out and run there friends.

I like the trails in may like the head honcho posted. Trails track days are always a good time, and never have to worry about having enough entries.

1/8 mile lol nicky only reason you want that is cause of how slow you are :lol: ( yes i know im slow now days)

May 1st is fine for me. I'm not enthused about running 1 lane at all, sometimes the wait is long enough and people like to run against another car. I would do 1/8th if I had no other choice, but doubt I would attend for 1 lane or double the price for the IFO deal.