***Random Video Thread***

bmwohio

For those videos that are cool, but don't have a home in the LOL thread or somewhere else, and so we don't have to start a new thread for every 'cool' video there is to share out there. Didn't see anything of this nature in this section.

We can start off with some sexy stems....

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=File%3ABeetle_(Epomis_circumscriptus)_attacking_and_preying_upon_treefrog_(Hyla_savignyi).ogv

I should add this may be a bit hard to watch unless you don't care about a frog's feelings.

Edited by ImUrOBGYN

Makes me want to stomp on some beetles.

I'll add some insight. The species larvae are notorious for their aggression. Only a few adults become this predatory against their own predators. (This is obviously a vid of an adult Epomis beetle.

As larvae, they'll actually wait for a frog, for example, to attack. When the frog moves forward and attempts to grab it with its tongue, the larva quickly sidesteps and attacks the frog; which should tell you how fast they are. There are very few cases of a prey's defensive behavior coming so full-circle as to actually become the predator in a sense.