AudiOn19s For Sale again?

all I ask is leave me out of this...I let him drive home on my tags and still need to get them back from him.

P.S. he said the stalling issue was actually the fuel pump not the crank sensor and it's already been fixed. That was going to be the next part in the equation that I fixed but in the end it was just time for it to go and for me to stop spending time and money on it.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all I ask is leave me out of this...I let him drive home on my tags and still need to get them back from him.

If this guy's trying to float the title, you want to get those tags back from him ASAP.

Let's say he commits a hit-and-run then ditches the car. I'm not a lawyer, and as I said every state is different, but the burden of proof will likely be on you to prove that you're NOT liable since the car's still titled, registered, and plated in your name. Saying "well I took insurance off" is actually a worse thing because if the car is still registered in your name then you are guilty of not properly insuring a vehicle registered to you.

Seriously, you probably want to get those plates back yesterday.

And mods may want to lock this thread for privacy reasons.

Andy you won't be brought in on this. My purpose is to see if he tries to move the vehicle dishonestly. In which case, I'll put him on blast. Right now we're negotiating my sweet c5 for his car.

For real? I asked him how it ran and if it had any problems and he said "sorry I already sold it" :confused:

For real? I asked him how it ran and if it had any problems and he said "sorry I already sold it" :confused:

That's because you asked a question to which he knows he'd be lying if he said "no". Even in an as-is sale, if the seller knowingly misrepresents a vehicle it's illegal. If he knows there's a crank issue and tells you there isn't, he's on the hook.

He's probably avoiding those types of inquiries in favor of "Hey #brah how much more #stance can I wring out of it, is it #bagged and do you accept blowjobs as #payment I'm totally #lowlife #stancenation" knowing that he won't have the sharpest tools in the shed to deal with.

Andy you won't be brought in on this. My purpose is to see if he tries to move the vehicle dishonestly. In which case, I'll put him on blast. Right now we're negotiating my sweet c5 for his car.

Meet up with him to test drive the car, jack the plates and leave. Return them to Andy.

That's because you asked a question to which he knows he'd be lying if he said "no". Even in an as-is sale, if the seller knowingly misrepresents a vehicle it's illegal. If he knows there's a crank issue and tells you there isn't, he's on the hook.

He's probably avoiding those types of inquiries in favor of "Hey #brah how much more #stance can I wring out of it, is it #bagged and do you accept blowjobs as #payment I'm totally #lowlife #stancenation" knowing that he won't have the sharpest tools in the shed to deal with.

Yep. This is exactly what pisses me off about the situation. The guy wants to flip it and make a profit, fine, I get it. But now if you wanna buy that car, instead of buying it from an honest guy who has owned it for a decade and knows everything about it, you're buying it from some dishonest douchebag who doesn't know shit.

no I mean what's the point with messing with the dude? Is the might of CR going to change all the shady-ness of the used car industry one shitty seller at a time? this sounds like a real good way to screw over AudiOn19s (who still needs to get his plates back) and not make a difference as to the fact that the used car market is only slightly more dishonest than the used condom market and three times as sketchy.

no I mean what's the point with messing with the dude? Is the might of CR going to change all the shady-ness of the used car industry one shitty seller at a time? this sounds like a real good way to screw over AudiOn19s (who still needs to get his plates back) and not make a difference as to the fact that the used car market is only slightly more dishonest than the used condom market and three times as sketchy.

It started out as poking fun at car flippers, but the more we learned the more we realized something illegal might be happening.

Read my posts. If the worst happened, Andy could be up shit creek. It goes beyond sketchy used car sales and into fraud territory.

It started out as poking fun at car flippers, but the more we learned the more we realized something illegal might be happening.

Read my posts. If the worst happened, Andy could be up shit creek. It goes beyond sketchy used car sales and into fraud territory.

And I was curious to see if this guy bought a car with known problems and sold it for profit without revealing what Andy had honestly disclosed.

color me shocked someone is trying to do something illegal selling a used car.

Back in NY I used to do the open title thing, but in NY is isn't illegal because some cars you can literally get ownership papers for using a bar napkin bill of sale and a vin rubbing. Also cars are taxed at registration not title transfer.

Something tells me either the seller is going to learn a harsh lesson (that nobody wants a problem prone euro luxury car at his flip price) or the people who are shopping for old European luxury cars at stupid cheap prices kinda know what they are getting into. I'd like to think nobody is dumb enough to buy something as sketchy as an Audi at that price without an inspection or some knowledge on how to fix stuff, but I know I would be wrong - however why deprive those people of the lesson they need to learn as well regarding "buyer beware?"

Let Audi get his plates back, then go to the kid's house and kick him in the nuts for all I care. Just seems like a huge waste of effort to "catch a (used car) predator".

As a seller , the law states that you must fill out the buyers name and address as well as purchase price on the title. If you follow this law he must take the title and transfer it, otherwise it is no good. Also if you have a title that you have not turned into your name, and the person who has notarized the sellers signature notary has expired, this title is no good in the eyes of the BMV. These are two ways that the state guarantees their tax revenue from vehicle sales

I had heard the state was cracking down on the notoriety that sign without having buyer and seller etc filled out

I hope not but I guess we'll see. I just sold our XTerra this weekend...guy came from Cleveland on Sunday. He was cool with me just filling all the info out non-notarized....so I did. I'll try and help him out if they deny him at the BMV, but I tried to voice concern that they may really want me present with a notary...

The part that needs notarized is the seller's information. This is true for Ohio titles which won't be transferred to another owner residing in Ohio if not notarized. If the Ohio title was to be transferred to another state, it would depend on the laws in that state.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e391/Turbs3000/OhioTitleRear_zps8df4ddad.jpg

Here's this for example. What I was being told was that in the past people have always taken that line above the notary line where it says 'everything above this line must be filled out before notarizing' to mean the sellers portion going up to that line of dashes. But that to prevent floating titles (aka tax everyone and everything) the state wants it to mean everything on the page from the notary line up, including buyer info needs to be filled in and you are notarizing the seller's signature.

I hope not but I guess we'll see. I just sold our XTerra this weekend...guy came from Cleveland on Sunday. He was cool with me just filling all the info out non-notarized....so I did. I'll try and help him out if they deny him at the BMV, but I tried to voice concern that they may really want me present with a notary...

I would bet the guy you sold it to knows someone who is a notary that will do it for him, which is a whole other problem.

. Hopefully he gets some notary to notarized it, because if you haven't signed it in front of a notary, legally you will have to get a duplicate title.