AudiOn19s For Sale again?

. Hopefully he gets some notary to notarized it, because if you haven't signed it in front of a notary, legally you will have to get a duplicate title.

They have made me sign right beside what wasn't signed in front of them so I didn't have to deal with the bmv. Depends on who's notarizing the title and how anal they are.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you may have missed the sole job of a notary, it is not "anal" but their only job and illegal if not done. Please read #1 and #2

A "Notary Public" is a public officer whose duty it is to attest to the genuineness of any deeds or writings in order to render them available as evidence of the facts they contain. The official acts of a notary receive credence not only in his or her own state or country, but in other states and countries as well.

Although notaries must understand and carefully observe all legal duties and responsibilities arising from their commission, which are set forth herein, a notary is well served to simply bear in mind the overriding functions and purposes of their office:

1. To verify and certify the identity of the person signing the document to be notarized, and;

2. To certify that the person signed the document in the notary’s presence.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e391/Turbs3000/OhioTitleRear_zps8df4ddad.jpg

Here's this for example. What I was being told was that in the past people have always taken that line above the notary line where it says 'everything above this line must be filled out before notarizing' to mean the sellers portion going up to that line of dashes. But that to prevent floating titles (aka tax everyone and everything) the state wants it to mean everything on the page from the notary line up, including buyer info needs to be filled in and you are notarizing the seller's signature.

Exactly, this is not only for taxes, but will protect you from people who do not put the vehicle in their name. If you do not fill the buyers info out, and the buyer does not put the title into their name ,you still legally own the vehicle, and you are responsible for the vehicle and actions of such vehicle. You have no way to prove that you legally sold the vehicle to another person.

Another point of contention is the taxes, which by having the seller fill out the purchase price is the sellers legal responsibility. If there is a discrepancy between the purchase price and what the state deems the vehicle is actually worth, the seller will be contacted from the state for an audit. If the sellers price and the purchasers price arent the same, the state will come back to the seller, again because it is the sellers responsibility to fill this out.

There is really no benefit for the seller to not fill the title out correctly, aside from maybe having the buyer pay slightly more for the car in lieu of paying taxes, but you will have to determine if the risk is worth the reward.

It should be mentioned that just because you have filled out the title correctly and had your signature notarized, it still does not mean that the buyer will do the lawful thing and place the title into their name immediately, or at all. To protect yourself from this ,you can and probably should take a picture of your notarized title with all info filled out, unless you would like to take all of the above liability, in which case keep doing it the wrong way.

• 3 months later...
saw this car broken down on the side of the road today on 270 @ s.r.3

hopefully the latest owner didn't spend too much on it

Ha.. I saw it too driving to work this morning. I thought maybe a tail light was busted out or something like that... or it was just broke down.

Just passed it again. Kid must have hit something backing up because the drivers tail light is busted out and it's all dented up around that rear quarter area. Wonder if he was trying to drift or something?

he said the stalling issue was actually the fuel pump not the crank sensor and it's already been fixed.

saw this car broken down on the side of the road today on 270 @ s.r.3

hopefully the latest owner didn't spend too much on it

Yeah, shitty deal for the new owner who was suckered by the POS that bought it from Andy