New GT-R 1/4 mile record. 7.4 @ 189

2highpsi

I love when all the shit flies off his dash

:lol: My favorite part of the video. Pulling so hard that it rips the Cobb Accessport off the mount

terrible reaction time

This was a qualifying pass, not an elimination pass.

During Qualification or exhibition passes, reaction time is irrelevant. The only goal is ET.

Rather than worrying about trying to time the light etc. it is common practice to not even get on the launch control until AFTER the green, hence producing awful (albeit irrelevant) reaction times.

:lol: My favorite part of the video. Pulling so hard that it rips the Cobb Accessport off the mount

This was a qualifying pass, not an elimination pass.

During Qualification or exhibition passes, reaction time is irrelevant. The only goal is ET.

Rather than worrying about trying to time the light etc. it is common practice to not even get on the launch control until AFTER the green, hence producing awful (albeit irrelevant) reaction times.

So.....until the boost is built :)

So.....until the boost is built :)

Well yeah.... but it's not like they are incapable of great reaction times.

I have seen the same car cut 0.1xx R/Ts during eliminations at the shootout.

It makes sense to stage and launch differently depending on if you are qualifying (looking for ET only) or actually racing in an elimination (or first to finish)

Staging for example:

I can roll almost an entire foot and keep both staging lights on. If I am qualifying I will BARELY light that second bulb... so I essentially get a 1ft rolling start before the ET counter starts.

In eliminations however, I want to be as close to the finish as possible so I will try to roll as far into that foot as I can.

Maybe I am not explaining this very well, or maybe you are just messing with me. lol

I'm kind of messing with you. I'm jealous of turbo cars, but know how inconsistent they are of staging the same/keeping a decent amount of boost built up without overheating the converter. It's tricky. Bump box or creep control, doesn't matter. Edit: the farther you roll in, takes off your et.

I'm kind of messing with you

:lol: I had a feeling. My internet sarcasm meter has been faulty lately.

but know how inconsistent they are of staging the same/keeping a decent amount of boost built up without overheating the converter

No Converter in a GTR.... but again, you might have known that and just been trolling me :gabe:

:lol: I had a feeling. My internet sarcasm meter has been faulty lately.

No Converter in a GTR.... but again, you might have known that and just been trolling me :gabe:

Good call lol. I don't know much about the gtrs, so dont know what they have. Just know they are sweet, no troll there. Faced a few turbo guys that went in first on me just to do it and I took my time. I'm 4-0 let's say. Love gtrs though, I'm an old school 240sx guy so

Good call lol. I don't know much about the gtrs, so dont know what they have. Just know they are sweet, no troll there. Faced a few turbo guys that went in first on me just to do it and I took my time. I'm 4-0 let's say. Love gtrs though, I'm an old school 240sx guy so

I get what you are saying about it being tricky.

If its an eliminations situation, I usually try to prestage first... then just sit and wait. I will let the other person fully stage, then I will quickly roll into full stage and start building boost right away. I've never (knock on wood) got a REALLY long delay from an autostart yet, where it made me hold the launch too long.... but I know it could potentially happen.

I get what you are saying about it being tricky.

If its an eliminations situation, I usually try to prestage first... then just sit and wait. I will let the other person fully stage, then I will quickly roll into full stage and start building boost right away. I've never (knock on wood) got a REALLY long delay from an autostart yet, where it made me hold the launch too long.... but I know it could potentially happen.

At least you understand. Autostart max is 7 secs when 1 is staged, but every second on a trans brake is 20 degrees (converter). Had a guy in Kentucky in November stage then immediately hop up on his brake. He didn't get very far when greens came down (bracket race). I just played the game and knew he was turbo. Gtrs aren't in the same class when it comes to this type of racing :)

At least you understand. Autostart max is 7 secs when 1 is staged, but every second on a trans brake is 20 degrees (converter). Had a guy in Kentucky in November stage then immediately hop up on his brake. He didn't get very far when greens came down (bracket race). I just played the game and knew he was turbo. Gtrs aren't in the same class when it comes to this type of racing :)

:lol:

Gotta love when you can beat the guy in the other lane with your head, and you don't even have to have the faster car :thumbup: