What car have you absolutey hated driving?

Geeto67

I have a rental Chrysler 200 for the next couple of days. I finally understand why the only people who buy them are rental agencies.

For those of you that don't know me, I drive a 20 year old jeep wrangler. I do this by choice because the car is sentimental, I own it free and clear, and it has a great old feel like an old pickup truck with all the rattles and squeaks and lack of comfort.

By comparison the Chrysler 200 is comfortable....so long as you are not driving it. The seats are plush, the interior quiet, and if you don't have to reach the pedals it's roomy if you are over 6'ft. That is about as complementary as I am going to get about this car.

the steering is both firm and numb. The wheel offers no feedback but MOPAR engineers had to build in some resistance so you wouldn't feel like you are playing pole position at the arcade back in 1985. the pedals are too high and it puts my feet at a weird angle so I end up driving it mostly with the cruse control and the brake. The transmission shifts like it has nothing better to do but still doesn't want to do it. Everything feels both cheap and poorly assembled.

It literally makes me want to drive it off a bridge so I can spare someone in the world the lack of joy this car delivers. Seriously, I want it to die in a fire, preferably with me not in it. I know Chrysler banked a lot of their future existence on this car and based on what I have driven I don't expect them to be around much longer - it's that bad.

So what car could you not stand driving.

If it's a 2014 model, like you said in a reply, then it was before the recent redesign and was a polished up Sebring.

I drove a lot of Chrysler products for the 'dark days,' and I can agree that the Compass, Patriot, Caliber, Sebring, and Avenger from 2007 to 2010 are some of the worst cars ever made. However, it's also clear that no one in this thread has ever driven a Dodge Nitro. So much awful.

There have been a lot of improvements though. Even the Patriot isn't that bad anymore (after ditching the CVT).

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic