Best indie Audi mechanic

Lauren

Who is the best place to have work on an Audi in the Westerville, worthington gahanna parts of Columbus( will go somewhere farther if need be )?

I'm done working on this piece of shit. I need it running so I can sell it. Fuck Audi. Never again.

This was a total flop I admit it but need to cut my loses now before they ramp up even more.

Who is the best place to have work on an Audi in the Westerville, worthington gahanna parts of Columbus( will go somewhere farther if need be )?

I'm done working on this piece of shit. I need it running so I can sell it. Fuck Audi. Never again.

This was a total flop I admit it but need to cut my loses now before they ramp up even more.

All German cars are below average in the reliability department, factor in the added cost to repair, and they are quite some piles of shit. It is definitely one of the areas of life that spending more does not get you more quality or reliability, just the opposite.

All German cars are below average in the reliability department, factor in the added cost to repair, and they are quite some piles of shit. It is definitely one of the areas of life that spending more does not get you more quality or reliability, just the opposite.

I've owned a couple M3's and DD a 335i and never had problems with any of them. This Audi is beyond stupid and the way they are constructed compared to other cars is fucking dumb.

Henry at Blagois will tell you that the Audis are the most reliable of the German cars. He says that he works on them the least. Under 50 to 60 thousand miles , and less than 5 years old Porsche, Mercedes, BMW, will be reliable cars, but hit the 70 to 80k mark break out the checkbook.

Consider yourself fortunate that the other cars you have had were reliable, as I have also had about enough of the German absolute pieces of shit that I have, it is almost a full time job to keep the 5 of them running. Best thing about that is that the highest mileage one is 84,000.

Most if not all of the problems I have had with them is either electrical, or related to some sort of plastic, polymer, glue , or in the case of the bmw the rubber bushings that have not been designed correctly, or have degraded. In all cases the failures have left the Rube Goldberg machine useless, and requiring towing. If I have to take a long trip, I take the CTSV, and it has given me the least amount of problems (read NONE)

Regardless, take it to Blagois, they may be your best choice.

Props to you that you'll admit your mistake in the forums. A week after boasting a CL "score," most of us would try to hide our bad judgement if the project goes south. I think that nearly everyone here has been in your shoes at some point.

"There's nothing more expensive than a cheap ____________"

(fill-in the blank with "Rolls-Royce", "Ferrari," "Audi", or a number of other candidates)

Every lesson has its price -- try to pay for it just once, though.

I used to use motorkars when I lived down there. They were always fair.

Paying someone to fix it might cost more than it's worth, you won't recoup your losses unless you get lucky and it's a stupid cheap easy fix.

If you feel like you'd rather have $700 cash let me know and I'll take a look :gabe:

I used to use motorkars when I lived down there. They were always fair.

Paying someone to fix it might cost more than it's worth, you won't recoup your losses unless you get lucky and it's a stupid cheap easy fix.

If you feel like you'd rather have $700 cash let me know and I'll take a look :gabe:

Hate to say this, but take this man's $700 and run. Blagois is not cheap, that's my experience.

German cars made before 1995 are tanks. Ask anyone who has owned a w124 mercedes, e30 or e34 BMW, or even an audi 4000 or 5000. Unfortunately that is not what you have.

Keep at it, you'll get to the end.

$700 for the car and the following additions. $400 wheels and tires( have to purchase as I threw stock ones in trash) $300 brakes( they are needed) $400( finder fee and replacing all the crap I have done).

So $1800 and you can have it. Price is not negotiable

That's good math there, let us know how the non negotiable clause works out for you. New brakes and tires are always a strong selling point for a car that doesn't run. Quite a find on Craigslist, a few more of those and your math, and you will be able to retire early

$700 for the car and the following additions. $400 wheels and tires( have to purchase as I threw stock ones in trash) $300 brakes( they are needed) $400( finder fee and replacing all the crap I have done).

So $1800 and you can have it. Price is not negotiable

If your expecting what you put in to get out of it, your in the complete wrong hobby.

Oh I'll sell it alright and I'm expecting a loss, I'm just not going to sell it for $700. I'd rather continue fixing it or let it sit in the garage til I feel motivated. I DONT have to sell. I'm not hard up so I can afford to let it sit.

LOL, yes write off audi's as a whole because you bought a $700 car that was sitting for 2 years.

Incredible.

I actually really really want an mk1 Audi TT 225 nimbus grey with baseball glove interior. Like badly

I actually really really want an mk1 Audi TT 225 nimbus grey with baseball glove interior. Like badly

Bad idea. You know that has the same motor as your A4 that you're hating so much right now? I highly suggest if you want a cheap Audi you search 95 and older as recommended, or if you're really not "hard up" buy the newest lowest mile one you can afford. Then enjoy DRIVING since you don't sound like you enjoy wrenching (and I understand that).

If the car was running, driving, no check engine or ABS light and presented well, you could probably get $1700 for it after fucking around on CL and wasting a bunch of time showing it and answering annoying emails. At some point, you have to define what your time is worth.

Or put it away for awhile, mentally unwind, and come back to when you WANT to, not HAVE to.

That's good math there, let us know how the non negotiable clause works out for you. New brakes and tires are always a strong selling point for a car that doesn't run. Quite a find on Craigslist, a few more of those and your math, and you will be able to retire early

Top kek, 10/10 would read again.

Dude, you haven't let this teach you anything. You are clearly not able to devote the time and effort into fixing a car properly, now you want to "cut losses" by throwing a shop a few grand to fix something you've had your hands in. You are gonna be in a LOT worse shape by taking it to a shop then selling it instead of just selling it now. No one on CL is gonna care if it has new wheels on it since it doesn't run. All they see is another ad of someone throwing parts on something and hoping it sticks.