Transfer Registration to another Ohio vehicle?

zeitgeist57

My wife and I are planning our summer trip to FL. The Passat is on its last legs, so we're actually thinking about getting a cheap-but-better car here to drive from Ohio to FL.

Once we get there, we'd sell the Passat to my buddy who runs a car consignment shop for a few bucks. MY QUESTION IS THIS: how involved do I need to get in transferring Ohio plates and registration from one Ohio car to another?

I know it's here some where http://www.bmv.ohio.gov/vehicle_registration.stm just can't find it.

I just went to the BMV and told them I sold my car and would like to transfer those plates to my new one. Had the plates and registration along with the title for the new vehicle and 5 million forms of ID of course. Fee was $20ish I think.

If it's a Ohio title in the same name obviously as the plates it's a $4.75 free from a truck to a car or car to a car. If they are going from a car to a truck it is more and all depends on size of truck for pricing. You don't need the plates just the title and your Id but just know what the plate is so when they look it up in the system you know for sure it's correct

If it's a Ohio title in the same name obviously as the plates it's a $4.75 free from a truck to a car or car to a car. If they are going from a car to a truck it is more and all depends on size of truck for pricing. You don't need the plates just the title and your Id but just know what the plate is so when they look it up in the system you know for sure it's correct

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/173/164/nailed_it_RE_20th_Century_fox_theme_on_flute-s240x320-227191.jpg