Computer question...what RAM to get?

1Quik7

I've got an older system thats overclocked and the RAM I have right now is stable 80% of the time but I do get blue screens from time to time.

Flamingblade Gti

i7-920 @ 4.2

G.Skill Black Pi DDR3 1600 (which due to the increased BCLK is running near 2300)

I'm tied with just upping to 1866 or 2100 RAM and also I've noticed a lot of RAM is only 1.5v whereas mine is 1.65v...a little confused about that.

Any suggestions?

I've got an older system thats overclocked and the RAM I have right now is stable 80% of the time but I do get blue screens from time to time.

Flamingblade Gti

i7-920 @ 4.2

G.Skill Black Pi DDR3 1600 (which due to the increased BCLK is running near 2300)

I'm tied with just upping to 1866 or 2100 RAM and also I've noticed a lot of RAM is only 1.5v whereas mine is 1.65v...a little confused about that.

Any suggestions?

1.5 is the standard for the dimm slot/memory specification.

Almost all aftermarket high performance ram timing's are quoted @ 1.65V

Go to newegg, buy some decent ram, and don't overclock it until it's already at 1.65 or 1.7.

Run Memtest86+ in DOS. It will tell you if the RAM has a hardware failure. This is for sure the best way to test RAM without buying a stand alone memory tester. I am only going to suggest Corsair because fanboy. Vengeance is good line if you are into normal overclocking and not trying to break the bank.