What i cant stand on a bike

NightRider

I don't know if a thread like this has been posted or not. Here's a chance to talk about what you dislike seeing, hearing, smelling, etc, etc, on a motorcycle.

Let's try and keep the squid's out of this! It's no secret that we cant stand them.

My 2 biggest annoyances:

1- (Dents to the gas tank) I can deal with some scratches, chips...but for gods sake no fucking dents in the tank. To me there's nothing that looks worse on a bike.

2- (Over-sized, gaudy looking hard luggage) Especially on a sport bike or crotch rocket. For example, i think the Kawasaki Concours would be a descent bike, however to me...they get destroyed by the god awful accessories put on them. Those huge trunks they put on the back of the bike, i sometimes wonder if there's a small child in there. :wtf:

That's it. If you have a gripe to do with the appearance, sound, handling, etc, of any bike...please feel free to share!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The one thing that I absolutely HATE seeing is a passenger on the back of someone's bike without a helmet. Not wearing one as an operator is your own choice, you are in control of the bike and anyone who's ever ridden a street bike knows that cars try to hit you all the time for no good reason. It's bad enough to not wear one yourself, but allowing a passenger to go without one is just ridiculous.

Things I hate seeing ! Sorry if I'm a little off topic on a few ??

1. I can't stand seeing these guys dropping thier forks in the tubes as far as they can go, remove one front caliper, loosin the rear spring, and chrome the bike out, then call it a custom drag bike :rolleyes:

2. what's with the exajerated position of laying down on the tank and the look at me face, as you go by ? :wtf:

3. Why do people still have thier legs dangleing from side to side 100 yards after they pull off ?? Put them on the frickin pegs !

4. bar end tassel's.

5. Fake carbon fiber parts.

6. rider with a lid and passenger without.

1. Tshirts/shorts/flip flops

1. Passengers with the same

1. Riding around with helmet strapped to the bike

2. lowered and extended swingarms

3. chrome on a sportsbike

4. Looking around at stoplights to see who thinks you're cool

+1

lowered stretched and chromed out bikes

harleys

saddle bags and tassels

riders gear matcheshes perfectly with the bike(you guys look like your tryin waayy too hard)

helmet mohawks

spikes bar ends

neons

people dressed in full leathers on the street (sorry but being honest)(no need to debate)

helmets strapped to bike on the highway

anything that doesnt bear the "s" logo.lol

stuff that doesn't match the bike (blue windscreen on a red bike with nothing else blue)

cargo nets

crash cage on a bike that isn't stunted

cut outs in the nose for "custom" headlights that are walmart fog lights

saddle bags and tassels

riders gear matcheshes perfectly with the bike(you guys look like your tryin waayy too hard)

people dressed in full leathers on the street (sorry but being honest)(no need to debate)

No debate here but I am beginning to think you are the Bizarro to my Superman. Every post I read it's like "He put that well, but I would have said the exact opposite thing." :lol:

How about...

--People riding 100 mph on the interstate with no helmet on, and shorts

--Passengers wearing flip-flops or spiked heels. Oh, since you're on the back, your feet are impervious to injury, huh LOL

--Dogs and random animals in the road. Especially on back country roads

--Other drivers who see a female on a bike and swerve into your lane because they are looking at you, and not watching the road

-- And why the hell aren't there jackets that are TRULY cut for women?? Why I gotta have the "uniboob" look just because I want to be geared properly booooo:mad:

uniboob? never seen one of those..maybe that is your chance invent/produce

Maybe I need to do just that. Icon comes the closest, as far as a decent fit for the Gyno-American rider. But Joe Rocket? Uniboob look. AlpineStars too. Textile and leather, too.

What we need is something that has a narrow waist and some kind of construction up front with contours, so it looks like a pair of breasts instead of a Boob Brick. maybe Icon meets Xena Warrior Princess...?

xena.jpg

Edited by ChickOn2