Well the fun never got started - S4 has no transmission

TTQ B4U

So I got Casey's story with the oil pump failure beat and I'm chasing Ben's Mustang that he can't drive due to the airbag issue with my own story.

In Chicago hoping to have some wild "S4Play" (thanks Clay!) in a hotel reading the books and tearing up the streets but things took a different turn.

I was just about to sign papers, went to take one final look at my new baby when I saw the service manager and lead technician shaking their heads in disbelief.

Cliffs: They are an APR Dealer and were installing the Stage 1 Tune and DSG tune that we negotiated into the deal when the DSG Tune Crashed. Now the car doesn't recognize it has a transmission and won't go into gear, etc.

Solution forthcoming Monday, with them delivering it to me in Columbus next Tuesday or Wednesday.

In the end, I chose the Phantom Black car as it's only got 8k on the ODO and is litterally flawless. Tires, paint, inside.....If I didn't know I'd say it was a 0 mile brand new car.

I'm not too worried. Risk is all theirs as they have to fix it either way and with them driving it 6+hrs to get it to me, I know they will insure it's perfect.

You should make another S4 thread when you get it back :)

HaHa! I deserve that for sure! :gabe:

No more S4Play threads until I fucking have some seat time in this "phatom" black car.

Just as a heads up, being an "APR Dealer" does not grant them any special permissions.

If anything happens, AOA will not warranty the car.

I totally understand that. Car will no doubt pull a TD1 Code and they warned me of that too. I was really surprised they didn't ream the service dept for flashing the tune on the car prior to my signing papers. I'm glad this happened before I signed though.

Dude that sucks man! Has to hurt to drive the 6 hours to come away with your second choice. I go Monday and get a 2015 Mustang vert, as a loaner, oh and it's only an ecoBoost. :(

Get this, my salesman called me yesterday, and asked if I would mind bringing back the focus they put me in for this Month as they sold the car. LOL, I told them sure, on Monday, when they put me in a convertible Mustang.

Sounds like a corrupt flash file. Happened to me w/ revo, they just re-downloaded and re-flashed and no problems so far. Now go out there and get yourself some of this fantastic stuff. I promise you wont regret it.

Dude that sucks man! Has to hurt to drive the 6 hours to come away with your second choice.

What sucks is driving 12hrs in 24hrs in the MS3 when I was dead set on coming home with an S4.

In regards to the blue vs black, it turns out the blue one with 12k miles looked in person lie it had 36k miles. No thanks. I walked.

The black one has the selectable suspension option, only 8k miles and looks like a brand new car. Not a swirl or chip anywhere. It was on the showroom floor and I really can't believe it was ever driven. Even underneath is spotless. Great detail job for sure.

The shoukd be delivering it this week and hey, I got a free clear bra out of it.

So you traded in the MS3? :(

Yes/No. Yes in a sense that it's here and I factored it into the deal. No in a sense that I still haven't signed any paperwork on the deal :p

If you're interested, let me know. I don't have to have it a part of the deal. We negotiated two separate transactions

FWIW, here's the car:

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj84/crms3er/20150703_165127_zps5gw6dcx0.jpg

You know you could have driven it home if it were a 6 speed car... :p

Very true. Really as much as I love a stick, todays DSG's, especially this one, are way way more enjoyable. This is truely the first one that I've driven that knows in Dynamic mode exactly what I'm looking to do. Besides, the manual mode is awesome and controlled by either paddles or the shifter- which I prefer. No way even the best driver will outshift this thing. Thus for a daily, I just couldn't go stick. Especially not given this cars capabilities off the light. Smash and go is pretty much what you can do.

Looks great - it will be worth the wait. Too bad you had to miss the wonderful weather- driving to C andC this morning up 315 was a spiritual experience :)

I thought of all of you as I took 70 across Indy and saw many of their locals assembling along the freeway for a cruise. I passed through at 9am and rode with them for about 2 miles :) Played with a nice Evo who had his autocross tape on. Was fun.

As a side note, yesterday the roads were packed with troopers and today....even more. Ohio BY FAR had 5x more than Indy or IL. Indy however does use unmarked cars so there's a likelihood I didn't even see them! Saw several Marion County Sheriffs though. I made it home clean though.....mainly at 77 in a 70. In northern IN and entering IL where the speed limit is 55, I was amazed at how people blow by cops clearly shooting radar at 70-75mh and NO ONE was stopped. I drive that route a lot and know they tollorate a lot given it really shouldn't be 55mph but today....I was surprised.

looks great!!!:thumbup:

winter peelers and new summer rimstires and you are set.

Thanks. I gotta admit after seeing the car in person I do love the peelers for summer now. Especially since the rubber on them is summer only and 9/10 in quality tread.

I will still likely go with the ones I picked out in my other thread, but I'm going to put a set of winter rubber on them.

Literally flawless, except the car thinks it's been neutered :lol:

I missed your quote yesterday :lolguy:

BTW, I saw you and Tina the other day off Sawmill as I came out of Bob Evans. You were turning right into the shopping center from Sawmill. She looked great in the Orange Beast. Very clean car.

Thats a sharp car, lot better than the 200!

Thanks! I'm happy. I hope you now know why I had to wait for the co. car program changes. All was more than worth it :)

Dealer called me as did APR. The DSG Tune will be flashed over and all will be right in the world again later today.

Now just waiting for that confirmation and the clear bra to be finished so it can be delivered.

Thanks! I'm happy. I hope you now know why I had to wait for the co. car program changes. All was more than worth it :)

Dealer called me as did APR. The DSG Tune will be flashed over and all will be right in the world again later today.

Now just waiting for that confirmation and the clear bra to be finished so it can be delivered.

No hard feelings here. Being car guys, take the best available!