Ditching U-Verse today for TW..

Putty

Am I making the right move? I was one of the first houses in my neighborhood to get U-Verse when it was available. I called in a trouble ticket about 2 months ago. The tech came out and said the way I was setup they don't do anymore, so he reconfigured me. Since then, my Internet has been shit! Pure shit! Their router is in my basement, which I don't have it broadcasting. I am using it as a bridge to an AC router I ran a cable to through the floor that sits upstairs. It's so bad at times I can't stream Netflix in my bedroom and the router in one floor lower. I called and of course using other equipment they won't guarantee my speed, so I enabled the wifi on their router and now I have two routers broadcasting. It's not any better. Just tired of the shit. I pay $156 a month.

TW tells me they can give me 30mb down (18 now) and different premium channels more to my liking for $129 a month. Of course that's for a year. She did say I need to play the "I'm cancelling" game after the year to keep such a price.

Call at&t back and tell them you are leaving. They will take a bunch off your monthly bill. Make sure to go to the cancel service and don't just talk to customer service.

It's not about the cost. I need working Internet. I rather the channels fuck up over the webz. Nothing worse than waiting for a page to load with no load on network.

I left uverse 2 years ago and couldnt be happier. TWC has its flaws, but the 50mb net works great. i pay 75 a month and we stream/game a lot. i use their router/modem for house/tv/game & my router for office/printers.

I have a similar set up with a switch and 3 routers to cover the area's I need. I'm with TW, but only for internet. I have their 50mb and it is $45 a month. I have HD antennas for local and stream what I want to watch. That said, no issues with internet.

It's not about the cost. I need working Internet. I rather the channels fuck up over the webz. Nothing worse than waiting for a page to load with no load on network.

Had AT&T for two years and hated every minute of it. The main problem I was having was the reliability and consistency of the internet speeds. I had later found out though running a wireshark that since everything ran off the same box in the living room (cable, internet, and phone), when you would change the channel to an HD channel or begin streaming On-Demand content the internet would lag. :mad:

even worse, we found that AT&T would never hit the speeds we paid for and Netflix speeds were throttled. Very frustrating and AT&T never gave two shits.

I am sorry to say this, but TW is the Nazi party out of all the providers out there. There are to many issues I have with that company to name, but I would go with WOW (Wide Open West) for everything. They are fast, reliable, and have great customer support. I have enjoyed WOW internet very much.

Had AT&T for two years and hated every minute of it. The main problem I was having was the reliability and consistency of the internet speeds. I had later found out though running a wireshark that since everything ran off the same box in the living room (cable, internet, and phone), when you would change the channel to an HD channel or begin streaming On-Demand content the internet would lag. :mad:

even worse, we found that AT&T would never hit the speeds we paid for and Netflix speeds were throttled. Very frustrating and AT&T never gave two shits.

I am sorry to say this, but TW is the Nazi party out of all the providers out there. There are to many issues I have with that company to name, but I would go with WOW (Wide Open West) for everything. They are fast, reliable, and have great customer support. I have enjoyed WOW internet very much.

I left TW for U-Verse years ago and I really don't want to go back. Thing is, those are the only options I have. I called to see if I was still in contract and I explained this situation and dude assured me they could fix it. Not sure I want to give them a chance to.

I know lots of people who both loved and hated U-verse, which is always dependent on how far you are from the local VRAD. Some people get provisioned in "fringe" space where it's technically possible to support the service but there is always a question of quality along your last mile.

Is Wow available for your area. Have had them for years with little to no issues at all. Had TW prior never really had a issue but wow has always beat them on price for the same services.

No. Just TW and ATT

No. Just TW and ATT

In all honesty avoid TW as much as possible. Have AT&T come out and see if they can fix your issues.

Run a speed test and see if you are getting the speed you pay for. check the readings on your router and see of the power, speed, and everything is functioning as it should.

if you want more nerd things to show them or test, PM me the model of your router and i'll find you any information and tests I know to run on it.

In all honesty avoid TW as much as possible. Have AT&T come out and see if they can fix your issues.

Run a speed test and see if you are getting the speed you pay for. check the readings on your router and see of the power, speed, and everything is functioning as it should.

if you want more nerd things to show them or test, PM me the model of your router and i'll find you any information and tests I know to run on it.

I am on phone with them now to see if they can send someone out. Thanks for offering to help.

Do you ever check your speeds and ping you are currently getting with ATT?

I'll run some more tests tonight to see where they are now.

I am on phone with them now to see if they can send someone out. Thanks for offering to help.

I'll run some more tests tonight to see where they are now.

Not a problem... PM me if you need any questions answered. I'm more then happy to try and help.