New Ford GT Testing At Sebring

wagner

First F1...now modern sports cars...all going to turbo power plants that sound like garbage.

I'm sure it will go like stink none the less.

All I could do was shake my head at how the Cadillac ATS-V.R sounds in world challenge now...disappointing

And in 10 years these cars will probably all be electric with speakers that play engine sounds. I'll take the turbos for now.

i love all the farting noises this car makes. and the fact you can see right through the car with all the aero when its coming at you from a turn.

ford has a history of trickling parts down 3-5 years later to the lesser cars. would love to see the transmission make its way into the mustangs

I think the sounds are almost like a improvised exhaust hung off a V6 (Not sounding like V8). Maybe they are going to use an Ecoboost variant? Remember the McClaren is only a 3.8 liter twin turbo v8 putting 650 plus ponies).

Hmmm (Thinking)

Send 3.5 l Ecoboost to SVT team

Blueprint/polish/flow/improved components in the rotating mass

Better in/exducers on the turbo

Boost (Lots)

Produce 550 - 600 ponies (Sounds real possible)...

You tell me??

2JZ boys are putting down crazy numbers with that inline 6 developed back in 1990. fast forward on 20 years and this sounds real possible (Might butt hurt some of the GT40 V8 fans though)

I think the sounds are almost like a improvised exhaust hung off a V6 (Not sounding like V8). Maybe they are going to use an Ecoboost variant? Remember the McClaren is only a 3.8 liter twin turbo v8 putting 650 plus ponies).

Hmmm (Thinking)

Boost (Lots)

You tell me??

2JZ boys are putting down crazy numbers with that inline 6 developed back in 1990. fast forward on 20 years and this sounds real possible (Might butt hurt some of the GT40 V8 fans though)

It's already said to make 600+ hp.....

Hmmm (Thinking)

Boost (Lots)

You tell me??

That is the Ecoboost V6

Did not know this was shown @ the Detroit auto show in January. Yes it is a 600 plus HP from an Ecoboost V6. Rumors are saying over 400K (Ouch!)

See the Car & Driver pics (Not the carbon colored one in the vid).

http://www.caranddriver.com/flipbook/the-17-things-you-need-to-know-about-the-2017-ford-gt-supercar#15