College Football Thread v11.0

bicranium

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BYU has sprinkled some magic fairy dust on their team, don't know how they're doing it otherwise pulling these wins out.

I would talk shit right now about the tide getting rolled but today just showed everyone is vulnerable with OSU squeaking by, Auburn getting hammered etc..... I just hope the play calling for OSU gets a lot better and the offense finds its rhythm again as they've looked totally out of sync so far.

So, about those preseason rankings....

They are shit. I mean I guess that they build hype and it's fun to watch your team move around throughout the season and all. But they need to have the power 5 and one or three at large bids from other conferences to make up the playoffs. The champ of each division would represent. B

These rankings and polls don't mean shit and just shows how over or under rated a team can be. It would also stop with all the bias towards one league over another. If say the sec is constantly winning NC through that system then they can brag and everyone can nut swing. Could you imagine if a Mac school showed up to the playoffs and got hot and won it all? It's would be awesome.

The problem with this team I believe is, there are so many weapons that they are trying to please them all, instead of finding an identity and worrying about the rest later. You have 1 true WR and then you have 5-6 guys who play the same damn role (H Back). Zeke is struggling due to the lack of passing game and the terrible offensive line play right now.

I don't think it's possible for me to agree with anything more than this ever in again in my entire life. There is absolutely no identity whatsoever for the offense right now. It starts with the OL (Price and Boren have played like hot garbage so far this season) but every snap, regardless of the QB, there is a different set of guys surrounding them. There is no consistency. No opportunity to get in rhythm.

Neither QB has looked even good in their time on the field thus far but they've been doing all their game prep with Cardale as the starter. I think after this one they've gotta at least give JT a shot as the starter all week in practice and then into the game. They go out there with Cardale and his offense but there's no Devin Smith, the OL isn't playing like it was at the end of last season, maybe Zeke isn't either, you can't tell because of the OL, and then they pull him and throw JT out there and try to run some funky hybrid of his offense last season and whatever the offense has tried to be this season and it just isn't working.

As everyone else has said, at least he defense looks great. That's the only part of the team that is still playing at the same level they were at the end of last season if not better. Right now this doesn't remind me of 2002... it reminds me of 2003.

I'm disapoint in lack of trash talking and bragging seeing as two B1G teams are number one and two right now.

Hard to trash talk a ranking you've done little to prove you deserve.

Yes we won the First REAL college football playoff last season. It was awesome. That team would kick the shit out of the team playing on the last two Saturdays despite being made up of largely the same players.

Luckily, there's lots of football left to find that offensive identity, and I trust in UFM to make it happen.

I'm disapoint in lack of trash talking and bragging seeing as two B1G teams are number one and two right now.

I'm a HUGE OSU fan, obviously. But I am a realist. We did not look good, to be honest at this point MSU should be ahead of OSU. The game vs NIU was nothing to brag about, just got lucky.

A bit ridiculous Ole Miss is up to #3. I mean standford beat USC, shouldn't they be #6 now?

And yes pre-season rankings are hog wash....UNLESS you are in top 4. If you can convince the voters you are top 4, the playoff is yours to lose.

Also I hate how early losses don't weigh nearly as much as losses later in the season.

Ohio State shouldn't be #1, not based on what I have seen. They look absolutely lost on offense. I swear we're back to getting sucked into the Braxton black hole phenomenon: when Braxton is available, we go waaaaay above and beyond to try to get him the ball, we make him too much a focus of the offense, and we net a loss in the process. I think both of Cardale's picks involved Braxton targets. Here's Cardale: "OMG LET ME KEY IN ON BRAXTON TRIPLE COVERED NO PROBLEM HERE IT COMES BRAXTON CATCH IT BRO"

Cardale shouldn't be the starter. JT should be. And time for Urban to shit or get off the pot: Cardale clearly isn't starter material or else he wouldn't have to be pulled from the past two games, so time to hand the starter reigns to JT and move on. Cardale can go back to focusing on courting Ronda Rousey on Twitter and holding a clipboard and start lamenting how much money he lost out on by not going pro last year.

LOL USC. They are the new Virginia Tech and the slightly newer Georgia. SUCH PRESEASON RANKINGS MANY HYPES WOW SO CHOKE

WHAT UP NORTHWESTERN WE SEE YOU THERE. Quietly taking out P5 competition.

Heisman favorite at this time: Fournette of LSU.

Auburn: thanks for making me look like a fucking idiot and thinking you could actually make the playoff. You might not win a game in conference play. Seriously, your QB is a mess.

Notre Dame: you look to be kind of for real. This is me kind of throwing up in my mouth. But for real, they are acting like Ohio State last year: next man up, bro.

Arkansas: LOL. Now coaches are just going out of their way to put Bielema on blast.

Ole Miss: watch them go on to lose three games. Before November.

Has anyone ever looked at Hawaiis football schedule? that might be the worst school to play ball for. 6 hours just to California then multiple hour flights from there. Home for a week on the road for two. Then home and away home and away. How do these kids attend classes? Their body clocks have to be all kind of messed up.

Has anyone ever looked at Hawaiis football schedule? that might be the worst school to play ball for. 6 hours just to California then multiple hour flights from there. Home for a week on the road for two. Then home and away home and away. How do these kids attend classes? Their body clocks have to be all kind of messed up.

Point taken, and yeah that would suck. However, on the flip side, they do get to live in probably the most beautiful area in our country (and arguably the world) year round for several years, so when they aren't flight hopping they are probably living the dream.

On the flip side, the kids get to travel all over the country for free. They setup arrangements with their professors to stay on top of their classwork and it's well know before hand. The only real hard part for me was the transition from warm weather to cool weather and knowing when your body is warmed up.

Point taken, and yeah that would suck. However, on the flip side, they do get to live in probably the most beautiful area in our country (and arguably the world) year round for several years, so when they aren't flight hopping they are probably living the dream.

I got married in Hawaii, you couldn't pay me to live there. Sure it has good sandy beaches and nice weather but besides that it is t special. I would never go back. Not to mention how expensive everything is.

It's hard enough to travel from east to west coast time zone for work and be productive I could t imagine 6-9 hour time zone differences week in and week out.