College Football Thread v11.0

bicranium

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone ever looked at Hawaiis football schedule? that might be the worst school to play ball for. 6 hours just to California then multiple hour flights from there. Home for a week on the road for two. Then home and away home and away. How do these kids attend classes? Their body clocks have to be all kind of messed up.

I have often thought that Hawaii should just play nothing but home games. I mean, really, what other team is gonna be like "Nah, we aren't interested in playing in Hawaii in November..."

Yes Hawaii got a big boost in playing OSU without question. The problem that all college teams in Hawaii face is the cost for colleges to fly their entire team out there with all the budgeting shortfalls colleges face today. Not all schools have the deep pockets OSU have and are barely able to keep their lights on.

jump'n'jive.... I couldn't live in Hawaii now. The traffic has gotten too bad to make it worth it anymore on Oahu. They are 20-30 years behind on their roads and keep putting up new developments every year.

Yes Hawaii got a big boost in playing OSU without question. The problem that all college teams in Hawaii face is the cost for colleges to fly their entire team out there with all the budgeting shortfalls colleges face today. Not all schools have the deep pockets OSU have and are barely able to keep their lights on.

jump'n'jive.... I couldn't live in Hawaii now. The traffic has gotten too bad to make it worth it anymore on Oahu. They are 20-30 years behind on their roads and keep putting up new developments every year.

Sounds like Lewis Center to me.

Execution, not play calling, make up the majority of issues on offense

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/2015/09/59982/film-study-whats-wrong-with-the-ohio-state-offense

I think the constant flip flopping of QB's plays a major issue too. I have no problem with Braxton running the wildcat, but Urban needs to pick a starter and live and die by him.

I worry about Tim Beck too. Our QB's seem to have regressed, which Nebraska fans always talked about Beck regressing Martinez.

The lack of execution from the oline is just killing us though. The play calls seem to be right when you break it down, but of course a good oline will make the worst play call seem right, and a bad oline will make the best playcall seem wrong.

I don't care if Urban decides to throw Jalin Marshall at QB, as long as he sticks with him.

Seriously though, just let Cardale go out and do his thing. Build his confidence up and tell him if he makes a bad play or 2 he won't get pulled. He's playing afraid/playing like he thinks he has to make a great play every time he gets in trouble.

I hope we drop 50+ on W. Michigan regardless of who starts though, as long as they/we look good.

Seriously though, just let Cardale go out and do his thing. Build his confidence up and tell him if he makes a bad play or 2 he won't get pulled. He's playing afraid/playing like he thinks he has to make a great play every time he gets in trouble.

They let Cardale do his thing week 1 vs. VT. He had some bad plays in that game but it never looked like they were anywhere close to pulling him. JT came up in what was basically garbage time. Cardale had no real reason to worry about being pulled moving forward. Cardale has been given 3 weeks of game prep as the starter, getting most of the reps with the 1's, and the offense has gotten worse each week. JT hasn't exactly lit it up when he's come in to save the day but he hasn't been getting the reps in practice and the gameplan has been for Cardale. I think he deserves his shot this week. Give him all the game prep for a week, WMU is similar to NIU (WMU was picked over NIU to win the MAC West, WMU gave MSU a tough game week 1) so it should be telling if JT is the starter this week and all of a sudden the offense clicks.

They let Cardale do his thing week 1 vs. VT. He had some bad plays in that game but it never looked like they were anywhere close to pulling him. JT came up in what was basically garbage time. Cardale had no real reason to worry about being pulled moving forward. Cardale has been given 3 weeks of game prep as the starter, getting most of the reps with the 1's, and the offense has gotten worse each week. JT hasn't exactly lit it up when he's come in to save the day but he hasn't been getting the reps in practice and the gameplan has been for Cardale. I think he deserves his shot this week. Give him all the game prep for a week, WMU is similar to NIU (WMU was picked over NIU to win the MAC West, WMU gave MSU a tough game week 1) so it should be telling if JT is the starter this week and all of a sudden the offense clicks.

The problem is they are trying to execute everything perfectly that they are over analyzing on the field. Granted with 2 new offensive coaches, it will take some time for everything to click together. I'd say just put 11 of your best offensive players out there, pick up the pace and play football.

The problem is they are trying to execute everything perfectly that they are over analyzing on the field. Granted with 2 new offensive coaches, it will take some time for everything to click together. I'd say just put 11 of your best offensive players out there, pick up the pace and play football.

Except the actual play analysis shows that they are calling the right plays. It just looks odd to fans (key word, fans) because OSU has played against an odd front the first 3 weeks of the season. Execution is the issue, not really the play calling.

Iirc last year we had the same crap, every game we supposed to blow people out and we just squeak by (I.e. Not cover the spread). We did that the whole season until we got to the B1G championship.

I'm not sure what they doing is intentionally or not, if it is it's very clever. It's kinda like what the Giants doing in the NFL. The first half of the season they play like shit, when the other teams start to get hurt/injuries that's when they pick up the pace. Doing just enough to get into the playoff and have a "fresher" team than the rest.

Iirc last year we had the same crap, every game we supposed to blow people out and we just squeak by (I.e. Not cover the spread). We did that the whole season until we got to the B1G championship.

I'm not sure what they doing is intentionally or not, if it is it's very clever. It's kinda like what the Giants doing in the NFL. The first half of the season they play like shit, when the other teams start to get hurt/injuries that's when they pick up the pace. Doing just enough to get into the playoff and have a "fresher" team than the rest.

I would say that makes sense, but better yet just blow teams out and get your first string off the field sometime in the 3rd. You'll get them more rest than these close, grind it out type of games and you'll get your young guys playing time so that they're ready to step in (next man up).

Except the actual play analysis shows that they are calling the right plays. It just looks odd to fans (key word, fans) because OSU has played against an odd front the first 3 weeks of the season. Execution is the issue, not really the play calling.

I am not saying they are not calling the right plays, I am saying the players on the field are not executing because they are trying to do everything perfectly, playing like they are afraid of making a mistake and screwing up, not executing because of it. Also losing Spencer and Smith... they are not only great WRs, but they can block like no other. I'd say they will show up for the Western Michigan.

Definitely did not deal with the same crap last season. OSU was 10-5 against the spread in 2014. I can't find which games were W's and which were L's but my best guesses for the 5 L's would be Navy, VT, PSU, Minnesota and Michigan. After the VT game OSU put up 42 points or more in all but 2 games. One of those being @ PSU where JT sprained his MCL in the first half and PSU just had a great defense and the other being @ Minnesota during a snow storm.

OSU is currently 1-2 against the spread this season with the obvious losses being against Hawaii (-42.5) and NIU (-34).

Evidently Urban has made up his mind and we are going to get #hisdecision tonight.

People are expecting him to stick with Cardale. Of course I'm not a huge fan of that but I'm also not Urban Meyer so we'll see if maybe Urban "solidifying" Cardale as the starter helps him and the rest of the offense not look like a bunch of hapless assholes on Saturday.

Definitely did not deal with the same crap last season. OSU was 10-5 against the spread in 2014. I can't find which games were W's and which were L's but my best guesses for the 5 L's would be Navy, VT, PSU, Minnesota and Michigan. After the VT game OSU put up 42 points or more in all but 2 games. One of those being @ PSU where JT sprained his MCL in the first half and PSU just had a great defense and the other being @ Minnesota during a snow storm.

OSU is currently 1-2 against the spread this season with the obvious losses being against Hawaii (-42.5) and NIU (-34).

People are expecting him to stick with Cardale. Of course I'm not a huge fan of that but I'm also not Urban Meyer so we'll see if maybe Urban "solidifying" Cardale as the starter helps him and the rest of the offense not look like a bunch of hapless assholes on Saturday.

Last year the did NOT cover: Michigan Indiana Minnesota (3 weeks in a row) Penn State and Va Tech. Also those were the 5 games with the least amount of rushing yards

That would be disappointing to stick with Cardale and I'm not even a buckeye fan. You take away his deep ball like teams have been doing against him and you take away the open kid field so he can't scramble and gash you for yards like him did against bama and what you will get is what you have seen for the last three weeks. Errant throws, interceptions and just a deflated looking QB not leading a team.

JT always seems poised and in control even if he isn't playing up to par.

But what do I know? You guys aren't nearly as fun to troll when the Buckeyes are looking mediocre as to when they are dominating games.

That would be disappointing to stick with Cardale and I'm not even a buckeye fan. You take away his deep ball like teams have been doing against him and you take away the open kid field so he can't scramble and gash you for yards like him did against bama and what you will get is what you have seen for the last three weeks. Errant throws, interceptions and just a deflated looking QB not leading a team.

JT always seems poised and in control even if he isn't playing up to par.

But what do I know? You guys aren't nearly as fun to troll when the Buckeyes are looking mediocre as to when they are dominating games.

You lost to Ole' Miss. stfu.

You lost to Ole' Miss. stfu.

He's 100% right though. stfu.

JT always was the better playmaker. Cardale did not win us a championship, he just didn't fuck up. He did nothing that JT couldn't do. JT set records AS the team was gelling, Cardale got thrown in to a well-oiled machine.