College Football Thread v11.0

bicranium

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top ranked teams, especially OSU tend to play down to the ability of their opponent. If I remember correctly we barely beat Indiana last year...it was an even closer game.

With the same backup QB, who weighed 20 lbs less last year

Top ranked teams, especially OSU tend to play down to the ability of their opponent. If I remember correctly we barely beat Indiana last year...it was an even closer game.

You cannot be serious LOL yes top teams play down omg. I have heard it all.

With the same backup QB, who weighed 20 lbs less last year

It was funny when people were saying "OSU's defense didn't have respect for this Diamont kid." Umm... he's the same kid who did the same thing to OSU last season.

OSU opened as a 21 point favorite vs. PSU but it's come down to 17.5 already. Before the Maryland game I was telling my buddies in a very serious manner that OSU would lose to Penn State in the fancy black jerseys. Now, Maryland played the game closer than expected but OSU seemed to fix a lot of things offensively. I still don't quite understand how the QB you want in the red zone isn't the QB you want everywhere but it worked. 6/6 in the red zone, no turnovers. I'm just worried it was an illusion. Maryland is bad. Penn State probably has the best defense OSU has faced this season.

Florida's qb just got suspended for a year due to PED's per espn

Just saw that after I made my last post. Very sorry, 2 Sweet. Guess it's back to the Treon Harris show.

This is bad not only for the rest of this season but for next season too since he is suspended for a full year. He won't be eligible again until week 7 of the 2016 season.

I know it's bad to compare two different teams on two different weekends......but

Penn st shut down Indiana two weeks ago. Completely one sided. The week previous Ohio st barely got the W.

Not to compare two different teams on different weeks but Penn St. lost to Temple and struggled against Army before shutting down Indiana.

Maybe it's just me (and I'll have to consult the stats to verify this), but Ohio State seems to do worse at home, and especially at night games at home. Meaning, it feels like Ohio State loses a disproportionate amount of night games at home. Night games at home that stand out in this vein: Penn State 2008, USC 2009, and Virginia Tech 2014. In fact (and I've said this before), I think, under Meyer, Ohio State has been a better road team than a home team. I think we get lazy and complacent at home, and on the road we are forced to be focus, galvanized, etc.

Again, I should fact-check myself with stats. In the meantime, I'm worried about Penn State.

And I swear to all that is holy, if we lose to them in those stupid fucking all black uniforms I'll change my name to something like Johnny Alt Uni or Johnny Fuckeyes just out of spite. For the record, I'd be okay with the black unis if we kept the silver helmet. But instead I bet we go with some dumb Oregon State matte black look that will make me think of a primered car from the South End.

Maybe it's just me (and I'll have to consult the stats to verify this), but Ohio State seems to do worse at home, and especially at night games at home. Meaning, it feels like Ohio State loses a disproportionate amount of night games at home. Night games at home that stand out in this vein: Penn State 2008, USC 2009, and Virginia Tech 2014. In fact (and I've said this before), I think, under Meyer, Ohio State has been a better road team than a home team. I think we get lazy and complacent at home, and on the road we are forced to be focus, galvanized, etc.

Again, I should fact-check myself with stats. In the meantime, I'm worried about Penn State.

And I swear to all that is holy, if we lose to them in those stupid fucking all black uniforms I'll change my name to something like Johnny Alt Uni or Johnny Fuckeyes just out of spite. For the record, I'd be okay with the black unis if we kept the silver helmet. But instead I bet we go with some dumb Oregon State matte black look that will make me think of a primered car from the South End.

Nebraska 2012

Penn State 2013

Wisconsin 2011

Wisconsin 2013

Illinois 2014

Cincy 2014 (6pm)

I still don't quite understand how the QB you want in the red zone isn't the QB you want everywhere but it worked. 6/6 in the red zone, no turnovers.

Yeah I don't understand it at all to be honest. On paper, would it not be the opposite? Bring in your big man Cardale to power out those last few yards, but have your playmaker with the smarts out in the middle of the field to get it down there? Whatever, it worked against Maryland and Urban clearly isn't gonna give JT the starting role yet for some stupid reason.

I don't mind alternate uniforms. In fact, I like the idea of them.

However, what I don't like are alternate uniforms that look stupid.

Tron wanna-be unis? Your dumb

Matte black South End primer unis? Your dumber

I don't mind alternate uniforms. In fact, I like the idea of them.

However, what I don't like are alternate uniforms that look stupid.

Tron wanna-be unis? Your dumb

Matte black South End primer unis? Your dumber

You're*

Yeah I don't understand it at all to be honest. On paper, would it not be the opposite? Bring in your big man Cardale to power out those last few yards, but have your playmaker with the smarts out in the middle of the field to get it down there? Whatever, it worked against Maryland and Urban clearly isn't gonna give JT the starting role yet for some stupid reason.

You would want just the opposite, have the better runner and decision maker run the offense in the red zone. Cardale's redzone numbers are pretty bad.

Ohio State absolutely underperforms at home. I think Ohio State needs to play with a chip on their shoulder to get their full effort it seems. They seem to preform the best under pressure on the road or at a neutral site (i.e. last 3 games of last year). I think they need to have some adversity to play to their potential. That's why I won't be upset if they are ranked 2nd or 3rd in the first playoff poll. Maybe they will pull their heads out of their ass and play at a different level than they are now.