College Football Thread v11.0

bicranium

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Michigan st just fell to 7 and rightfully so. Michigan up to 12. I predict this is the last week the Buckeyes stay at number 1. I'm shocked actually they stayed at 1. TCU and Baylor need to hurry up and play each other or lose.

Some huge games this week that will shake things up some.

Michigan st just fell to 7 and rightfully so. Michigan up to 12. I predict this is the last week the Buckeyes stay at number 1. I'm shocked actually they stayed at 1. TCU and Baylor need to hurry up and play each other or lose.

Some huge games this week that will shake things up some.

Who would you say deserves to be #1 over OSU? Better yet, what's your top 5?

Why does everyone think Baylor is a team to be afraid of? They run a spread offense against a conference that is completely inept on defense. Sure they look "sexy" scoring 60+ points, but teams like that every year get exposed when they play someone with a pulse on defense. Utah is very solid, but the Pac is extremely overrated. Ohio State isn't playing great or to their potential, but everyone is always looking for an excuse/reason to drop the #1 team. Fact is, we keep winning despite playing to about half of our potential, losing the turnover battle almost every game by a wide margin and getting every teams best game. Once tOSU hits their stride, nobody will want to play them. Getting hot at the right time of the year is key.

I'm no Baylor fan nor am I a TCU fan. But one of them has to be considered and Baylor puts up huge numbers and holds their opponents at bay where TCU is letting shit teams put up lots of points and barely getting by with the W's. So I went with Baylor.

I think Penn St gives OSU a handful this week. It's going to be a nail bitter. Texas A&M is going to give Bama a handful as well. They run the spread and Bama doesn't do well against it. It's going to be to close for my liking.

LSU vs Florida is going to be a defining game in the SEC. For Bamas sake I hope Florida throttles them.

Michigan vs Sparty. Michigan is going to dominate them. 31-10.

Oh man I am getting excited for next Saturday.

Louisville upsets Florida state and West Virginia beats Baylor( I can dream right)

Off topic : Who Dey!!!

No shit.

I thought they were done when the score was 24-7. They hung in there and won the game in OT.

Also the Browns finally beat the Ravens in Baltimore. That game also went in OT. So does that mean it gonna snow next week?

And back to the OSU, if I was the coach I wouldn't change a damn thing right now. If my team play like ass, barely win every game, and still rank #1, why would I do anything more? It's not like they'll rank me ++1 if I blow Penn St out by 70 points. Just play safe, stay healthy and tear shit up in the play off.

The USC couch fire has now escalated to a dumpster fire: Sark taking an indefinite leave of absence. Various rumors/reports flying around, ranging from him being intoxicated at a team meeting today; to him being drunk on the plane on a trip back from Washington State in 2014; to him being drunk during the Arizona State game. Yikes.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/report--usc-coach-steve-sarkisian-to-take-a-leave-of-absence-212810136.html

I finally figured out what I don't like about OSU vs other teams. Watch any other team play and it's a collective team effort. Michigan is a great example of that. They don't have any real super stars per se but the entire team is great as a unit.

The Buckeyes for example is filled with a bunch of Kobe's. Always want the ball and make a big play to get attention and up their draft stock. It isn't a team effort. It's a one man show every down. The arrogance that comes from it posses me off.

Where do you come up with this stupid shit?

How much football do you actually watch week in and week out? Do you watch any games besides your precious Buckeyes ?

Lol, yes, lots. Typically Thursday night, Friday night and as much as I can Saturday. Ive also been heavily into NCAA football for about 15 years or so. You seriously come up with the dumbest off the wall shit

The USC couch fire has now escalated to a dumpster fire: Sark taking an indefinite leave of absence. Various rumors/reports flying around, ranging from him being intoxicated at a team meeting today; to him being drunk on the plane on a trip back from Washington State in 2014; to him being drunk during the Arizona State game. Yikes.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/report--usc-coach-steve-sarkisian-to-take-a-leave-of-absence-212810136.html

A certain coaching staff member from Alabama with the nick name Joey Freshwater would love to have a second chance at the USC head coach position.

Pick time

#18 UCLA vs #15 Stanford

#17 Iowa vs #20 Northwestern

#10 Alabama vs #9 TAMU

#7 Michigan St vs #12 Michigan

#8 Florida vs #6 LSU

Stupid upset picks (one of them has to hit right?)

USC over #14 Notre Dame

Louisville over #11 FSU

West Virginia over #2 Baylor

I finally figured out what I don't like about OSU vs other teams. Watch any other team play and it's a collective team effort. Michigan is a great example of that. They don't have any real super stars per se but the entire team is great as a unit.

The Buckeyes for example is filled with a bunch of Kobe's. Always want the ball and make a big play to get attention and up their draft stock. It isn't a team effort. It's a one man show every down. The arrogance that comes from it posses me off.

Coming from an Alabama Fan.... LOLOLOLOLOL!

LSU vs Florida is going to be a defining game in the SEC. For Bamas sake I hope Florida throttles them.

Keep in mind Florida is doing all this with a first year coaching staff, freshman QB, and an inexperienced patchwork offensive line. At the beginning of the year I would have been very happy with 8 wins. Now it's looking like they have a good shot to be SEC champs. Their defense will take them as far as they wanna go.

Keep in mind Florida is doing all this with a first year coaching staff, freshman QB, and an inexperienced patchwork offensive line. At the beginning of the year I would have been very happy with 8 wins. Now it's looking like they have a good shot to be SEC champs. Their defense will take them as far as they wanna go.

But the SEC isn't having a down year.

-Jive

#18 UCLA vs #15 Stanford

#17 Iowa vs #20 Northwestern

#10 Alabama vs #9 TAMU

#7 Michigan St vs #12 Michigan

#8 Florida vs #6 LSU

And I'll also take Louisville over #11 FSU as my stupid upset pick of the week.

EDIT: Jive - Penn State ALWAYS gives OSU a handful. This is the one game of the year that they pour everything into. Akin to Texas upsetting Oklahoma rather frequently, no matter how bad the Longhorns are.