College Football Thread v12.0

bicranium

Pomade

My only gripe with nd vs Clemson rematch and Ohio state Bama rematch is its to much like 2011 and the lsu/ Bama game and then NCG. It was boring and people don't want to see two teams play each other again unless it's a NCG. A Clemson vs (Bama)Ohio state notre dame vs Bama(OSU) would be a much better semi final which would set up the NCG as a rematch that matters. A rematch of the sugar bowl last year would be epic and both teams would be perennial powerhouses.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately for Notre Dame, they are the weak link in the current 4. It should however be, Alabama. An undefeated B12 team will get in over a 1 loss Notre Dame, I can almost guarantee it. ND will get in over a 1 loss B12 team though.

These teams completely control their own destiny:

Clemson

Alabama

Ohio State

Iowa

Baylor

Oklahoma State

Next tier:

Notre Dame

Florida

Michigan State

Stanford

Teams who need help:

LSU

Utah

Oklahoma

TCU

Everyone else is pretty much done

Want to bet? I say a 1-loss Notre Dame gets a higher seed than a B12 team.

+1 Their strength of schedule and the lack shits given to the Big 12 make that an easy call.

Big 12 will have 1 true champions again anyway

Pomade

My only gripe with nd vs Clemson rematch and Ohio state Bama rematch is its to much like 2011 and the lsu/ Bama game and then NCG. It was boring and people don't want to see two teams play each other again unless it's a NCG. A Clemson vs (Bama)Ohio state notre dame vs Bama(OSU) would be a much better semi final which would set up the NCG as a rematch that matters. A rematch of the sugar bowl last year would be epic and both teams would be perennial powerhouses.

Bama is going to lose to Auburn so you can stop fretting over it.

Then click on my quote, respond yes, and name your stakes.

I'll bet you an entree plus a beer at Quaker steak that any if any of the remaining B12 teams stay undefeated that they will get in over a 1 loss ND.

Bet is off if:

No B12 team stays undefeated

ND loses another game

Neither a 1 loss ND or undefeated B12 get in

I think some people are forgetting how fluid the CFP rankings can be. OSU was 5th going into the B1G title game last season. TCU was 3rd. OSU slaughters Wisconsin in the B1G title game, TCU wins their final game by 52, OSU moves to 4th, TCU drops to 6th.

ND wins out and they will have wins over 2 ranked teams granted Temple wins out. One more loss for Temple and that becomes a win over an unranked opponent. At that point Notre Dame's best resume points would be their win at the end of the season over Stanford and a LOSS to Clemson.

Baylor or Oklahoma State win out and they will be undefeated champions of a P5 conference with 3 wins over ranked opponents. The round robin of the top B12 teams that is about to take place will lower the ranks of said opponents because some of them have to pick up losses but at worst an undefeated Baylor or Oklahoma State would still have just as many wins over ranked opponents as ND in addition to being an undefeated P5 conference champion.

I think some people are forgetting how fluid the CFP rankings can be. OSU was 5th going into the B1G title game last season. TCU was 3rd. OSU slaughters Wisconsin in the B1G title game, TCU wins their final game by 52, OSU moves to 4th, TCU drops to 6th.

ND wins out and they will have wins over 2 ranked teams granted Temple wins out. One more loss for Temple and that becomes a win over an unranked opponent. At that point Notre Dame's best resume points would be their win at the end of the season over Stanford and a LOSS to Clemson.

Baylor or Oklahoma State win out and they will be undefeated champions of a P5 conference with 3 wins over ranked opponents. The round robin of the top B12 teams that is about to take place will lower the ranks of said opponents because some of them have to pick up losses but at worst an undefeated Baylor or Oklahoma State would still have just as many wins over ranked opponents as ND in addition to being an undefeated P5 conference champion.

Yep. The B12 is set up to catapult whatever team wins out (if any) easily into the top 4. I would say there is a chance that a 1 loss ND gets in over an undefeated B12 team if ND played in a conference and had an opportunity to beat a top 10 team in a conference championship game and have 12 wins. I fucking hate Notre Dame more than any other team in the country so I hope their stubbornness to be independent ultimately fucks them over and all their stupid fans cry and complain when they have nobody else to blame but their President and AD.

They should join the B1G West so Ohio State can end their hopes and dreams every year. That would be great. Ruin Michigan's hopes followed up by ruining Notre Dame's :masturboy:

Don't forget Navy. Temple or Navy will be ranked if they win out, or it is possible that they are both ranked after they play each other in the AAC championship game (Navy is part of the West Division). That is assuming Navy beats Houston. A 10-2 Navy team with losses to Notre Dame and Houston could still be ranked.

Don't forget Navy. Temple or Navy will be ranked if they win out, or it is possible that they are both ranked after they play each other in the AAC championship game (Navy is part of the West Division). That is assuming Navy beats Houston. A 10-2 Navy team with losses to Notre Dame and Houston could still be ranked.

So Navy becomes ranked and Temple remains ranked... that's 3 wins over ranked opponents (same number an undefeated Baylor or Oklahoma State would have but 2 of ND's 3 would be against barely ranked G5 teams) for ND but still a loss and no conference championship.

One thing I can't deny ND having over either B12 school is the overall SOS. But if a B12 school can rise up and beat the best on their schedule (Baylor's remaining SOS is like 4th in the country, Oklahoma State's is probably somewhere in the top 20 since they already got TCU out of the way this past weekend) while winning an outright P5 conference title? Hard to keep them out.

JT's arrest video... http://www.tmz.com/2015/11/12/jt-barrett-drunk-driving-arrest-video-dui/

Nothing real surprising. Cop pointed out how polite and cooperative he was and JT tried to get some preferential treatment because of who he was. The quotes being in all caps made me think it was going to be some loud, angry tirade but it's not that at all.

I'll bet you an entree plus a beer at Quaker steak that any if any of the remaining B12 teams stay undefeated that they will get in over a 1 loss ND.

Bet is off if:

No B12 team stays undefeated

ND loses another game

Neither a 1 loss ND or undefeated B12 get in

Sounds good, deal.

:cool:

So Navy becomes ranked and Temple remains ranked... that's 3 wins over ranked opponents (same number an undefeated Baylor or Oklahoma State would have but 2 of ND's 3 would be against barely ranked G5 teams) for ND but still a loss and no conference championship.

One thing I can't deny ND having over either B12 school is the overall SOS. But if a B12 school can rise up and beat the best on their schedule (Baylor's remaining SOS is like 4th in the country, Oklahoma State's is probably somewhere in the top 20 since they already got TCU out of the way this past weekend) while winning an outright P5 conference title? Hard to keep them out.

But all the B12 teams that lose are going to be dropped in the rankings. So, you'll either have:

Everyone beating everyone else round-robin style, which means they all suck; or

One team beating the rest of the teams, which means the teams that lost suck and the team that beat them really isn't all that good.

Also, technically, I think Oklahoma has the highest remaining SOS. However, that's misleading, because by the season's end those teams won't be ranked as high.

B12 is doomed, I think.

And this coming from someone who would love it for ND to be locked out of playoff. I hate them and think they should join a conference.

JT's arrest video... http://www.tmz.com/2015/11/12/jt-barrett-drunk-driving-arrest-video-dui/

Nothing real surprising. Cop pointed out how polite and cooperative he was and JT tried to get some preferential treatment because of who he was. The quotes being in all caps made me think it was going to be some loud, angry tirade but it's not that at all.

Sounds like anyone else who would use anything they can get lessen their trouble.

But all the B12 teams that lose are going to be dropped in the rankings. So, you'll either have:

Everyone beating everyone else round-robin style, which means they all suck; or

One team beating the rest of the teams, which means the teams that lost suck and the team that beat them really isn't all that good.

Also, technically, I think Oklahoma has the highest remaining SOS. However, that's misleading, because by the season's end those teams won't be ranked as high.

B12 is doomed, I think.

And this coming from someone who would love it for ND to be locked out of playoff. I hate them and think they should join a conference.

I mentioned the B12 teams' rankings dropping as a result of the round robin in my first post about it. But let's show an example here and it's the scenario I find most likely if any B12 team is going to make it out alive...

Oklahoma State is the eventual undefeated team here so here's what happens...

This weekend Oklahoma beats Baylor. This drops Baylor somewhere just inside the top 15 and moves Oklahoma into the top 10. TCU and Oklahoma State beat their cupcakes and we move to the next week with Oklahoma State around the 6-7 range, Oklahoma in the top 10, TCU and Baylor somewhere between 12-15.

Next weekend Oklahoma State beats top 15 Baylor. Oklahoma beats top 15 TCU. Oklahoma State lands somewhere in the 5-7 range, Oklahoma stays in the top 10, Baylor and TCU are still hovering inside the top 20.

The next weekend top 6 Oklahoma State beats top 10 Oklahoma in what will be the B12 title game. Baylor and TCU play each other so maybe one drops out of the rankings (as I said was possible), maybe they both get to stick around.

So with all the losses accounted for, at worst, as I said, Oklahoma State still ends up with at least 2 wins over ranked opponents as an undefeated P5 conference champion.

Now that I wasted my time explaining that Oklahoma State will lose to Iowa State this weekend and TCU will lose to Kansas and then the B12 will truly be doomed.

I mentioned the B12 teams' rankings dropping as a result of the round robin in my first post about it. But let's show an example here and it's the scenario I find most likely if any B12 team is going to make it out alive...

Oklahoma State is the eventual undefeated team here so here's what happens...

This weekend Oklahoma beats Baylor. This drops Baylor somewhere just inside the top 15 and moves Oklahoma into the top 10. TCU and Oklahoma State beat their cupcakes and we move to the next week with Oklahoma State around the 6-7 range, Oklahoma in the top 10, TCU and Baylor somewhere between 12-15.

Next weekend Oklahoma State beats top 15 Baylor. Oklahoma beats top 15 TCU. Oklahoma State lands somewhere in the 5-7 range, Oklahoma stays in the top 10, Baylor and TCU are still hovering inside the top 20.

The next weekend top 6 Oklahoma State beats top 10 Oklahoma in what will be the B12 title game. Baylor and TCU play each other so maybe one drops out of the rankings (as I said was possible), maybe they both get to stick around.

So with all the losses accounted for, at worst, as I said, Oklahoma State still ends up with at least 2 wins over ranked opponents as an undefeated P5 conference champion.

Now that I wasted my time explaining that Oklahoma State will lose to Iowa State this weekend and TCU will lose to Kansas and then the B12 will truly be doomed.

However, if things play out the way you just described:

-Baylor isn't hanging around in the rankings after two consecutive loses. Hell, they are undefeated and beating everyone by 100 and the committee doesn't even have them top 5. First chance the committee gets, Baylor is getting tossed. Thus, anyone beating Baylor is automatically devalued.

-when Oklahoma beats TCU, that's the second loss in three weeks for TCU. Guess what happens to TCU? The committee - which already kind of hates them and all the B12 - banishes them as well. Byeeeeeeeeee horned froggieeeeeeesssssss

-then when Oklahoma losses to Ok State, guess who has two losses? Yup, Oklahoma. With the other loss being to a dismal Texas team.

So, you have the undefeated champion Oklahoma State, but all other teams with at least two losses in B12. I don't see how that resume bumps Oklahoma up over that 6th spot ranking. I think they just languish there, a victim of the B12's mediocrity.

Again, I hope I'm wrong and they leapfrog ND. But I don't think I will be.

I hope this year is enough to push the committee to the fast-lane for expansion to 8 team playoffs.

I honestly think by the end of this year, there will be a fairly clear cut top 4. I don't think this year will be as controversial as last year with all of the back loaded schedules.

I hope this year is enough to push the committee to the fast-lane for expansion to 8 team playoffs.

Because all this buzz around the top 4 is SO bad for business, they'd be just itching to change it up...

I honestly think by the end of this year, there will be a fairly clear cut top 4. I don't think this year will be as controversial as last year with all of the back loaded schedules.

Agreed.

I also think the expansion to 8 WILL happen, but not for quite a few years.

-Baylor isn't hanging around in the rankings after two consecutive loses. Hell, they are undefeated and beating everyone by 100 and the committee doesn't even have them top 5. First chance the committee gets, Baylor is getting tossed. Thus, anyone beating Baylor is automatically devalued.

-when Oklahoma beats TCU, that's the second loss in three weeks for TCU. Guess what happens to TCU? The committee - which already kind of hates them and all the B12 - banishes them as well. Byeeeeeeeeee horned froggieeeeeeesssssss

-then when Oklahoma losses to Ok State, guess who has two losses? Yup, Oklahoma. With the other loss being to a dismal Texas team.

So, you have the undefeated champion Oklahoma State, but all other teams with at least two losses in B12. I don't see how that resume bumps Oklahoma up over that 6th spot ranking. I think they just languish there, a victim of the B12's mediocrity.

I really think you're overestimating how much the committee will straight shit on teams for losing to other ranked teams. Unless the losing teams are just getting decimated they're not going to be wiped out of the rankings. That would be way too reactionary.

If ND wins out, they will have quality wins over Navy, Temple, pitt and top 10 win over stanford, but not a conference champ and have 1 loss.

If Oklahoma state wins out, they will have quality wins over TCU, Baylor and top 10 Oklahoma, they will be out right conference champion and have an unblemished schedule.

ND will get the nod because of 1 thing.... $$$$$$$$$

Maybe you're right. We'll see.

Here's the best part of typing up all that bullshit... I don't think we will see. I don't actually think a B12 team is going to go undefeated. Baylor will lose this weekend and Oklahoma State will lose to Oklahoma if not sooner. I think there's a better chance that Oklahoma wins out but they'd definitely need help to get in.

ND will get the nod because of 1 thing.... $$$$$$$$$

Would be interesting to see. I think that would be the only reason ND would get the nod over an undefeated B12 champ and it would be pretty obvious and pretty disgusting which is why I don't believe it would happen. A lot of people bitched about OSU getting in last season saying it was because Baylor or TCU weren't big enough names but all those teams had 1 loss so no one had a trump card. A 1-loss team not in a P5 conference getting in over an undefeated P5 conference champion would need a lot of explaining.