College Football Thread v12.0

bicranium

That's the funny thing about the SEC. They bank on "history" to get them good rankings each year, then they drop like flies throughout the season. "Quality losses" I get, but when that preseason rank of 6 drops to a 4-4 record and taking OT to beat an FCS opponent and has a high probability of not making a bowl game, the quality certainly reflects reality towards the end, and not the beginning.

:fa:

Fixed. Auburn. LOL.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, and that's a real shitty stance to take. IMO, any of the P5 unbeatens have a better argument for #4, and even Memphis. If we're going with a 1-loss team, let's go with Notre Dame or Stanford, since they're both playing lights out right now (and ND's loss is by one possession in a sloppy rain game to another top 4 team). If we're going to go with SEC, let's go with Florida, who's only loss is to a top 4 team, and beat the team that beat Alabama. Alabama doesn't even belong in the top 10. A loss to a team that's proving to be a punching bag, a close game to an unranked turd, and no real signature wins? Get the fuck out of here.

I don't think they deserve to be #4. Losing at home to Ole Miss when you gave up five turnovers is not something to be proud of. Only way I think they deserve to be top 4 team is if they win out.

But since they are I'll take it haha.

Yeah, and that's a real shitty stance to take. IMO, any of the P5 unbeatens have a better argument for #4, and even Memphis. If we're going with a 1-loss team, let's go with Notre Dame or Stanford, since they're both playing lights out right now (and ND's loss is by one possession in a sloppy rain game to another top 4 team). If we're going to go with SEC, let's go with Florida, who's only loss is to a top 4 team, and beat the team that beat Alabama. Alabama doesn't even belong in the top 10. A loss to a team that's proving to be a punching bag, a close game to an unranked turd, and no real signature wins? Get the fuck out of here.

Georgia was a Top Ten team when Bama throttled them. Since that game Georgia has benched their starting QB and lost nick Chubb. So at the time it was a quality win.

Texas A&M was also a top ten team when Bama took care of business. Again a team that is starting to unravel now but at the time it was a good win.

Bama throttled Wisconsin to start the season.

We have had some good wins but that ole miss blemish is not good. We also have one of the toughest schedules in college football.

Let's play "Where are they Now?" SEC Style

Preseason --->Now

#3 Bama -----> #4 7-1 (4-1)

#6 Auburn ----> UR 4-4 (1-4)

#9 Georgia ----> UR 5-3 (3-3)

#14 LSU ----> #2 7-0 (4-0)

#17 Ole Miss ----> #19 7-2 (4-1)

#18 Arkansas ----> UR 4-4 (2-2) Toledo LOL

#24 Mizzou ----> UR 4-4 (1-4)

#24 Tennessee ----> UR 4-4 (2-3)

Preseason SEC Hype LOL.

I just don't like how the committee changes their variables for how they assess teams depending on which team they are assessing. They seem to look for a way to favor the SEC teams over other conference teams. The only way I'll be upset though is that if Ole Miss wins out and wins the SEC with 2 losses and they get in over a let's say, 1 loss B1G conference champion or a 1 loss team like Stanford.

Clemson will fuck it up like they always do. Dabo Swinney is a moron

This and I find it hard to believe that LSU will not drop a game. I love fournette though and would love to see him go all the way and win the Heisman.

*Disclosure* Not an SEC fan just appreciate talent

I would not be surprised to see Alabama win this Saturday, but I see the Tide losing at least one more game.

In a complete clusterfuck turn of events, Ole Miss wins out and goes to the SECCG, forcing the playoff committee to either renege their words about CGs being heavily weighted, or keeping the SEC out of the playoff.

This and I find it hard to believe that LSU will not drop a game. I love fournette though and would love to see him go all the way and win the Heisman.

*Disclosure* Not an SEC fan just appreciate talent

LSU is nothing with out him.

I would not be surprised to see Alabama win this Saturday, but I see the Tide losing at least one more game.

In a complete clusterfuck turn of events, Ole Miss wins out and goes to the SECCG, forcing the playoff committee to either renege their words about CGs being heavily weighted, or keeping the SEC out of the playoff.

I'd take Florida over Ole Miss in the title game should Ole Miss win out.

If Bama wins this weekend the only threat they face is Florida in the seccg. That will have no problem taking care of the cluster fuck auburn or miss st. Like I said if they aren't the winners of the sec they don't deserve to play in the playoffs.

This Ole Miss situation is scary. They better lose to LSU or in the egg bowl

K state put a scare into Baylor. If K states QB had any sense of clock management they could have one that game.

In other news Baylors true freshmen QB played solid

Have a feeling Oklahoma goes into Waco and lays down the law next weekend. They dropped that bad game to Texas but have been on a warpath since. They win out and they would probably slide into the playoffs.

K state put a scare into Baylor. If K states QB had any sense of clock management they could have one that game.

In other news Baylors true freshmen QB played solid

So if we apply the Bama method of ranking, all they need is a loss and they'll be top 4.

Have a feeling Oklahoma goes into Waco and lays down the law next weekend. They dropped that bad game to Texas but have been on a warpath since. They win out and they would probably slide into the playoffs.

I won't be surprised is Baylor Drops 3 in a row. But I think not having a CCG will hurt any team in the big 12. Especially one that loss to a Texas team that probably will no go to a bowl game this year.

So if we apply the Bama method of ranking, all they need is a loss and they'll be top 4.

Dude you need to control your Bama hate. You are starting to just sound like an idiot. If you have a problem with the playoff selection committee please take it up with them. If you haven't notice twice in this thread I have said Bama doesn't deserve the #4 spot. Get a life bro

I agree with this. Oklahoma is a pretty real team on both sides of the ball. Baylor will have a real test next weekend finally.