College Football Thread v12.0

bicranium

Idk the validity of these rumors since they are coming from rivals message boards, but they're saying that the car JT got caught in wasn't his car. It was a "loaner" he was taking for a "test drive." I'm sure you can guess if those rumors are true why it could be much more serious than a DUI.

Anyone have note insight into this? Thread on 11W doesn't say anything other than one random dude saying it started on OZone, and that site is stuck in 1998 so I couldn't find anything over there.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone have note insight into this? Thread on 11W doesn't say anything other than one random dude saying it started on OZone, and that site is stuck in 1998 so I couldn't find anything over there.

My guess is someone just trying to sensationalize something even more than it already is.

Also, for those calling for more than 1 game...

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/2015/10/62460/one-game-is-the-right-call-in-light-of-jt-barretts-suspension-a-look-at-precedent-set-for

My guess is someone just trying to sensationalize something even more than it already is.

Also, for those calling for more than 1 game...

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/2015/10/62460/one-game-is-the-right-call-in-light-of-jt-barretts-suspension-a-look-at-precedent-set-for

Yeah, I mean those could be very early rumors but I doubt it at this point. I haven't seen anything else about it.

GO BLUE!

intense fucking game

This game drove me nuts. Glad we got the win but it wasn't a good looking win. I do not think Ruddock is THE QB for Michigan, but I'm still worried about our backup. Will be interesting to see who starts next week.

Difference between Harbaugh and Hoke is that we would of 100% lost that game with Hoke.

This game drove me nuts. Glad we got the win but it wasn't a good looking win. I do not think Ruddock is THE QB for Michigan, but I'm still worried about our backup. Will be interesting to see who starts next week.

Difference between Harbaugh and Hoke is that we would of 100% lost that game with Hoke.

Definitely an ugly win, our offense wasnt the problem in this game, our d looked like it was asleep for most of the game. Minn came out and playing with a shit ton of emotion and got very fortunate on some of their deep receptions.

Ruddock has grown on me, he is making pretty good decisions. its pretty safe to say at this point if Ruddock isnt better that itll be speight. Im pretty sure Harbaugh is red shirting shane this year

Im sick of people railing OSU coaches and admin for giving JT the standard punishment for his crime.

Someone in the media needs to do a breakdown of the punishments Urban has handed out since he's been at OSU. ie. Carlos Hyde being suspended 3 games in a situation where charges were never even seriously considered. Every single article or story mentions things from Florida and nothing about what Urban's done at OSU since he's been here.

Someone in the media needs to do a breakdown of the punishments Urban has handed out since he's been at OSU. ie. Carlos Hyde being suspended 3 games in a situation where charges were never even seriously considered. Every single article or story mentions things from Florida and nothing about what Urban's done at OSU since he's been here.

There is finally a reasonable top comment on reddit

At a certain point you have to ask, is a football team really the final arbiter of morality on stuff like this? How can you honestly quantify the punishment for something like this in football games missed? You're outraged. We get it. Driving drunk is an absolutely awful, reprehensible thing to do, and we should do our best as a society to discourage it. But how on earth would missing three or four football games - again, football games - somehow balance the scales here?

But then another thread just shows that no matter the punishment, people won't be appeased. In another thread about an NCSU player getting a DUI

I think suspending the student for a period of time such as a semester would be beneficial. It doesn't shut the door on someone's life, but it makes the student realize that their bad decisions have consequences. The student can do some community service, work a job, participate in an alcohol program, etc during this time and come back focused.
Kicking young adult out of school for a semester over a DUI is reasonable? Since when?

Am I the only one around here who thinks the DUI should not have ANY impact on his career at OSU as a student or athlete? For Christ's sake, if he wasn't a celebrity, this non-injury DUI wouldn't even be a story (I'm not justifying his actions, just saying that dozens of people are arrested every night for this exact same thing and nobody cares). He'll get his punishment from the legal system, just like everyone else. Furthermore, he's not technically guilty of anything until his court date, which is at least a few weeks out. For all we know, some previously unknown plot twist about the whole night might come out. Likely? Probably not. Possible? Absolutely.

Official report says he was driving a vehicle with Texas plates. Morons who started the rumor probably didn't know JT is from Texas.

Am I the only one around here who thinks the DUI should not have ANY impact on his career at OSU as a student or athlete? For Christ's sake, if he wasn't a celebrity, this non-injury DUI wouldn't even be a story (I'm not justifying his actions, just saying that dozens of people are arrested every night for this exact same thing and nobody cares). He'll get his punishment from the legal system, just like everyone else. Furthermore, he's not technically guilty of anything until his court date, which is at least a few weeks out. For all we know, some previously unknown plot twist about the whole night might come out. Likely? Probably not. Possible? Absolutely.

Well, you're held to a different standard if you play college football. Should you be? That's not for me to decide since I don't make the rules. Should a war veteran get discharged out of the military for a DUI, losing all of his benefits and somewhat ruining his life? Depending on who you are, you're held to a certain standard. Nobody cares if John Doe burger flipper gets a DUI because he has a low standard position and job.

does anyone know what he actually blew on the breath-a-lyzer? I heard it was just over .02 since he is under 21 .02 is the legal limit and that he was just barely over it. That is like 1 beer and then getting behind the wheel..... WTF! :wtf:

Well, you're held to a different standard if you play college football. Should you be? That's not for me to decide since I don't make the rules. Should a war veteran get discharged out of the military for a DUI, losing all of his benefits and somewhat ruining his life? Depending on who you are, you're held to a certain standard. Nobody cares if John Doe burger flipper gets a DUI because he has a low standard position and job.

Yeah, but the NCAA considers them STUDENT athletes, so in reality, they should be treated as any other student on scholarship until the NCAA takes their heads out of their asses.

Yeah, but the NCAA considers them STUDENT athletes, so in reality, they should be treated as any other student on scholarship until the NCAA takes their heads out of their asses.

Yeah, this is why I'm a little upset. If we want to officially call college ball an amateur sport, then it's a little unfair to hold them to any higher standard than anything that a "normal" student would be. Further, the game suspension that Urban gave him isn't even in the school/team policies, from what I've read.

Again, I'm NOT justifying it, I'm just saying that we have a legal system that applies just punishments, and football should not be the moral dictator here. And again, he's not technically guilty of anything yet, just cited for it.

does anyone know what he actually blew on the breath-a-lyzer? I heard it was just over .02 since he is under 21 .02 is the legal limit and that he was just barely over it. That is like 1 beer and then getting behind the wheel..... WTF! :wtf:

I kept hearing he blew a .099 for whatever that is worth.

Also, OSU can kick you out of school for getting things like DUI's. Likely, ya probably not but it is in the paperwork that they have that right. I knew normal students that were kicked out for other non-felony offenses.

RIP JT Barrett

Edited by Turbs3000

Did he know the rules before he decided to play football for Ohio State? I'm not saying the NCAA should have authority because I think the NCAA is a joke, but for now, you gotta play by their rules unfortunately until conference leaders grow a pair and separate themselves and make their own rules.

Did he know the rules before he decided to play football for Ohio State? I'm not saying the NCAA should have authority because I think the NCAA is a joke, but for now, you gotta play by their rules unfortunately until conference leaders grow a pair and separate themselves and make their own rules.

Everything I've read says that misdemeanors are not against school rules. So while he did a terrible thing, he did not violate anything that he "agreed" to in playing for OSU.

JT Barrett will have to pay for his spring semester on his own.

Braxton Miller will be #2 QB this week

May also be redzone QB

Edit- Current semester, not sure how that works