College Football Thread v12.0

bicranium

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Gibson pretty much quit the team last week but was able to be reeled back in. Academic stuff he's not living up to as well as the injury keeping him from early playing time he wanted after switching positions (at least temporarily) led to him reaching his tipping point.

And Webb's suspension I believe has been termed as "violation of team rules" or some other nondescript phrasing.

And this "Rutgers trailer" that OSU put out is more or less a highlight video from the PSU game. Pretty cool locker room stuff showing JT and Raekwon firing the team up.

JT's leadership ability is a huge reason I thought he should have been the starter from day one. He was giving pre-game speeches for the B1G title game and playoff semifinal even though he wasn't playing and was on his little scooter. Just a natural leader.

Do what's everyone's picks for the weekend?

I'm gonna go USC over Utah and Sec east champs over sparty

I'll take Ole Miss over TAMU, because chaos.

Upset picks:

Virginia Tech over Duke

USC over Utah... sadly.

Honestly don't see too much action this weekend. I'm more interested in the Memphis, Toledo, and Houston games than anything else. Oklahoma vs. Texas Tech might be a good game too, but both teams are wildly inconsistent and could either score 0 or 93. Tennessee vs Alabama, Miami vs Clemson, Florida State vs Georgia Tech are all worth watching I guess, but the outcomes seem pretty obvious.

I'll take Ole Miss over TAMU, because chaos.

Upset picks:

Virginia Tech over Duke

USC over Utah... sadly.

Honestly don't see too much action this weekend. I'm more interested in the Memphis, Toledo, and Houston games than anything else. Oklahoma vs. Texas Tech might be a good game too, but both teams are wildly inconsistent and could either score 0 or 93. Tennessee vs Alabama, Miami vs Clemson, Florida State vs Georgia Tech are all worth watching I guess, but the outcomes seem pretty obvious.

FYI, according to Vegas, none of the picks you made would be upsets. Ole Miss, VT and USC are all favored in those games. Ole Miss and Virginia Tech don't surprise me as A&M hasn't done anything impressive yet this season and Virginia Tech is finally getting Brewer back. USC being favored is very interesting to me. They just fired their HC, they've lost some games, it's not like the Coliseum is an intimidating environment, especially when USC isn't elite. Vegas isn't stupid though. And since you made all the same picks they did neither are you...haha.

USC has better individuals, Utah has a better team. I guess because USC "showed up" against Notre Dame they'll beat Utah. I personally don't see USC winning this game, but I'm not confident enough to put money on it either.

Ohio State 56

Rutgers 13

Passing

JT : 21/27 267 yards 3 TDs

Rushing

EZ : 24 carries 187 yards 2 TDs

JT : 10 carries 82 yards 2 TDs

Receiving

Thomas : 4 rec 72 yards TD

Marshall : 3 rec 65 yards TD

Miller : 3 rec 52 yards

I'm a douche for predicting stats, I know lol but I like seeing how far off I am.

I'm now remembering why I avoid watching the SEC on CBS - Verne and Gary are about the worst in the business. These fucking clowns are all over the place. Verne has dementia. Gary has Saban's dick in his mouth.

This. Completely ruins any game. The amount of dilusion and dick sucking is unreal.