College Football Thread v12.0

bicranium

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of Ohio State fans will tell you Penn State isn't a rival, and that's fine. But my hatred for them is matched only by TTUN. I'm so ecstatic that JT is back to his old self, and that he made it happen against those fucking kiddie diddlers.

I was telling my wife earlier that Penn State is definitely a rivalry game. I share the hatred for Penn State. Fuck them. I don't forget 1994.

And dare I say that the Penn State game is again a turning point in the season for Ohio State? Penn State's d line is really good and our offensive line pushed them around for most of the game.

Other thoughts:

- How good is urban Meyer as a coach? This dude is phenomenal.

- this offense isn't set up for cardale given our lack of WR's. So it isn't exactly fair for him. If we had all the WR personnel that we had at end of last year I bet Cardale would look a lot better

I was telling my wife earlier that Penn State is definitely a rivalry game. I share the hatred for Penn State. Fuck them. I don't forget 1994.

And dare I say that the Penn State game is again a turning point in the season for Ohio State? Penn State's d line is really good and our offensive line pushed them around for most of the game.

+rep...again

Im worried that we rely on Ezekiel. If that dude gets hurt, we're done.

i have a man crush on Elliot. But I think we are still in decent shape if he goes down. Dunn is a serviceable back (provided he can actually manage to hold on to the ball). And Curtis Samuel is really good, I think.

Other thoughts:

- How good is urban Meyer as a coach? This dude is phenomenal.

- this offense isn't set up for cardale given our lack of WR's. So it isn't exactly fair for him. If we had all the WR personnel that we had at end of last year I bet Cardale would look a lot better

Bingo bingo bingo. With a stable of WR, Cardale is the man

Im worried that we rely on Ezekiel. If that dude gets hurt, we're done.

I'm not as worried. I think we've established jt as the man. He's a better short passer than cardale, and he is much more of a run threat. I still think a read option attack with jt and Braxton would be nasty. Zeke is a big part of the offense, but Braxton, Dunn, and dontre are run threats as well. They don't match zeke---but imagine lsu losing fournette or bama losing Henry.

Just now catching up on the whole Michigan v MSU game ending, its on my DVR i'll get to it tomorrow.

But man think about the huge errors that Michigan fans have to deal with in what I would call recent history.

- Appalachian State block/return

- vs MSU, screwed up snap leads to losing game.

Are there any others i'm forgetting?

Anyone else think Buckeyes aren't going to make it vs Penn?

They've played incredibly shaky first half last 3 games. I don't think they'll be able to pull off the half-assed first-half play against them.

Following up on this - Buckeyes showed off some serious work this game. They have improved a TON in one week it looks like. Early game Cardale threw some shaky incompletes, but really put Penn to the ground for most of the game.

I can't wait to stomp Michigan, and see more of their sweet tears.

mZhVSsFl.jpg

ESPN Stats & Info's twitter posted this after the game tonight...

Ohio State tonight by QB:

J.T. Barrett: 32 plays, 270 yards, 5 TD

Cardale Jones: 34 plays, 141 yards, 0 TD

I feel bad for Cardale that he came back and that he lost a nice chunk of change because of it but it is what it is. If OSU wants another shot at the title they need to get behind JT and hope he doesn't go down with another injury because the Cardale show isn't going to fool anyone this year.

B1G Power Rankings

1) Ohio State

2) Michigan State

3) Iowa

4) Michigan

5) Wisconsin

6) Northwestern

7) Penn State

8) Nebraska

My Top 12

1) Ohio State

2) Utah

3) LSU

4) Baylor

5) Michigan State

6) Clemson

7) TCU

8) Alabama

9) Florida State

10) Iowa

11) Stanford

12) Notre Dame

Just now catching up on the whole Michigan v MSU game ending, its on my DVR i'll get to it tomorrow.

But man think about the huge errors that Michigan fans have to deal with in what I would call recent history.

- Appalachian State block/return

- vs MSU, screwed up snap leads to losing game.

Are there any others i'm forgetting?

Not sure this constitutes an error, but it's another gut-wrenching, last second loss:

- Cordell Stewart's/Colorado's hail mary to win against Michigan at Michigan

Let's say that Michigan rebounds and goes on to win the rest of it's games. That means Ohio State will potentially have this to end the season:

-Michigan State (if they don't lose, then they'll likely be around the top 5)

-Michigan (if they don't lose, then they'll be around the top 10)

-Iowa (if they don't lose, they'll be undefeated and definitely in top 10)

-Playoff Game 1: to whoever, but they'll be at least top 4

-Playoff Game 2: to whoever, but they'll be at least top 2

So, for all the people bitching about Ohio State's schedule, if they win out, then I don't think anyone can give them shit at the end of the year, as they will have gone through a pretty solid group of teams to get there.

Which, again, is why I think the playoff champions should and will be regarded as kind of an "ultra" champion, since essentially all of them (likely) will have to win three bowl-esqe games in a row (conference championship game plus the 2 playoff games).

This is also why I would always give the nod to any team not named Notre Dame or in the B12 when determining playoff spots. You should definitely get dinged for not playing a conference championship game. It would be like the Patriots only having to play 15 games to qualify for the playoffs when everyone else has to play 16.

ESPN Stats & Info's twitter posted this after the game tonight...

Ohio State tonight by QB:

J.T. Barrett: 32 plays, 270 yards, 5 TD

Cardale Jones: 34 plays, 141 yards, 0 TD

I feel bad for Cardale that he came back and that he lost a nice chunk of change because of it but it is what it is. If OSU wants another shot at the title they need to get behind JT and hope he doesn't go down with another injury because the Cardale show isn't going to fool anyone this year.

Keep in mind the first half of the game he was still only a 'redzone' qb, so his stats may have been higher if he was out in the open field.

BTW, what did I tell you about Ole Miss after the win over Alabama? I think I said they could easily have three losses by November...currently they are sitting at 2.

Ole Miss's schedule should be the following ever year:

- McNeese State

- Grambling

- Groveport Madison

- Alabama

- Alabama

- Alabama

- Reynoldsburg

- Whitehall Yearling

- Independence High

- Alabama

Ole miss will lose to LSU, TAMU and hopefully MIss St.

Bama will beat LSU without hitch and win the west. Nobody scares me on our schedule. Yesterday's game I was worried about but we just straight shut down every aspect of their game including 3 pick six.