College Football Thread v12.0

bicranium

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure that's what people said about us after JT went down. Not saying Baylor will have the same success, but let's wait it out and see before we draw any conclusions.

Wise man.

Baylor playoff hopes done for season.

But this is most likely.

Baylor is a system for QB success regardless of talent (or so it seems). I wouldn't be surprised if their backup comes in and puts up big numbers. Either way, I'm not scared of Baylor even if their starter wasn't out. I'd love to play them or TCU honestly.

Baylor is a system for QB success regardless of talent (or so it seems). I wouldn't be surprised if their backup comes in and puts up big numbers. Either way, I'm not scared of Baylor even if their starter wasn't out. I'd love to play them or TCU honestly.

Agreed. The guy behind him is honestly a better talent than Russell, he's just younger. I expect that offense to keep right on clicking until someone actually punches them in the mouth. Most likely, that won't happen until they play OU, or in their bowl game.

Jerry Kill just retired over health reasons

Wow, I've always felt bad for the guy, and honestly the kids that played for him. He had some major things happen on the sidelines and I thought he should have retired last season, must be something pretty wrong.

Jerry Kill was GREAT for Minnesota football. His players loved him, and he brought that program some respectability that it hadn't had in YEARS. Wish him the best.

Here's hoping Minnesota gets themselves a good new coach, stays relevant.

Kill got Minn back on the right track to at least be competitive in the B1G. It's too bad about his health, but Minnessota fans and many B1G fans are glad that he was able to get that program back on track. Hopefully they can keep it moving, but I know at least their next 3 games are tough (Michigan, OSU and Iowa).

Anyone else see cause for concern with the self reported violations?

Seems like a non issue. If they weren't #1 we wouldn't heard about it

Where were they even talked about? I know they were on the OSU sites like 11 Warriors but other than that I didn't see them talked about anywhere. There were only 6 violations related to the football program which I think is actually down a bit from previous years.

Last year I think my favorite was when a recruit called one of our assistants and the assistant's I think 4-year-old son hit a button on his phone that sent one of those automated text messages which was a violation.

I think in 2012 Vrabel was hit with a violation for chewing tobacco on the sideline. Lots of funny stuff.