College Football Thread v12.0

bicranium

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, 11w would normally scoop something like that, but I see nothing on there about it. Nice.

I'm sure people at 11w knew but just didn't post it. A shitty "insider" on Rivals posted it this morning but he hasn't had much info since Urban showed up (Urban seems to favor "inside" info going to legitimate writers who work under their real names than spoiled, rich children of boosters who operate anonymously) so I actually almost thought Urban was going to stick with Cardale once I saw that turd posted it...haha.

I'm just glad it didn't take a loss for the change to occur.

Wow, 11w would normally scoop something like that, but I see nothing on there about it. Nice.

11W had an article up a few minutes afterwards, it looked like a pre-written article with Urban's teleconference quotes thrown in

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/2015/10/61817/urban-meyer-announces-jt-barrett-will-start-at-quarterback-for-ohio-state-on-saturday

I'm sure people at 11w knew but just didn't post it. A shitty "insider" on Rivals posted it this morning but he hasn't had much info since Urban showed up (Urban seems to favor "inside" info going to legitimate writers who work under their real names than spoiled, rich children of boosters who operate anonymously) so I actually almost thought Urban was going to stick with Cardale once I saw that turd posted it...haha.

I'm just glad it didn't take a loss for the change to occur.

11W and Tim May have really been the best sources of info since Urban came to town. Seems like he trusts May and Birmingham the most.

11W and Tim May have really been the best sources of info since Urban came to town. Seems like he trusts May and Birmingham the most.

His interactions with May at the press conferences are always great. And you nailed it with Birm. He's exactly who I had in mind when I gave that description of "legitimate writers who work under their real names."

His interactions with May at the press conferences are always great.

They've only known each other forever

Tim May sounds like such a hick. I cringe when I think of people hearing him and thinking that's how people from Columbus talk.

Well he did grow up in Alabama and Texas

Penn State's mascot looks like a homeless dog.

lol'd. +1.

...oh, wait.

Miler!!!!

lol'd. +1.

...oh, wait.

Probably because Braxton isn't a very well known Buckeye and hasn't been on the team that long.

lol'd. +1.

...oh, wait.

Homeless HIV dog

lol'd. +1.

...oh, wait.

...kiddie diddlers.

lol'd. +1.

...oh, wait.

BTW, what did I tell you about Ole Miss after the win over Alabama? I think I said they could easily have three losses by November...currently they are sitting at 2.

Ole Miss's schedule should be the following ever year:

- McNeese State

- Grambling

- Groveport Madison

- Alabama

- Alabama

- Alabama

- Reynoldsburg

- Whitehall Yearling

- Independence High

- Alabama

lol'd. +1.

...oh, wait.

"Hello sir, welcome to Hot Topic! Check out these totally awesome skulled-out beanies - 25% off all weekend! What's that, you'd like some cool ganja stickers for your Trapper Keeper? See Skyler at the back register to see what we've got in stock."

lol'd. +1.

...oh, wait.

Barrett named the starter, ZOMG

Kidding.

http://www.supplementalconditions.com/files/2013/12/NSFMF.jpg

That's all I have to add for now.

That and I still <3 Tilley.

I highly doubt that. Time to see how good our offense can be.......FINALLY

Yeah, I mean, after Cardale's worst game that almost resulted in a loss to a MAC team Urban committed 100% to him and let him play through some struggles. Played OK against WMU (100th in total defense) and it calmed things down a bit. Then they play Indiana (119th in total defense) and without Zeke busting those long runs that's a loss. Back to the drawing board. They come up with JT in the red zone, Cardale everywhere else and it worked well against Maryland (111th in total defense). Then you face Penn State (16th in total defense) and the team can't do anything with Cardale as the QB so they give the whole field to JT and pull away.

They gave Cardale half the season. They probably cost JT another legitimate Heisman campaign. Who knows how many more yards and TD's guys like Zeke, Michael Thomas, Jalin Marshall and Braxton Miller would have if JT was out there distributing the ball to athletes in space instead of trying to run some wannabe pro system with a guy it was obvious they didn't trust throwing the ball over the middle of the field and really only 1 true WR.

In the end, as I already said, I'm just glad the whole situation didn't end up truly hurting the team by waiting for a loss to make the switch. This QB thing worried me the whole off-season because you go with the wrong guy or the team creates factions and you've got a real problem. I think they did go with the wrong guy but the team, Cardale and JT included, has handled it pretty well thus far. We'll see now that there's been a real switch if Cardale can stay as positive as JT did as he sat on the sidelines.

We'll see now that there's been a real switch if Cardale can stay as positive as JT did as he sat on the sidelines.

THIS...is what really worries me. After watching that BTN Elite show covering the championship run, they made it seem like Cardale was still struggling with maturity last year. I think a big reason he's not doing as well now, is that until this year he didn't take the game seriously. JT can read a defense, he can be a coach on the field. Cardale can run some plays. It's a huge difference. If JT goes down, now that we've seen how Cardale plays in a bigger sample set, I'm definitely worried.

It really sucks for the kid, too. He could have gone down as one of the most legendary figures in Ohio State history. Not highly recruited kid from Cleveland, fights through Twitter issues, depth chart, all that. Comes in and wins the team he grew up loving a national championship. But now?

THIS...is what really worries me. After watching that BTN Elite show covering the championship run, they made it seem like Cardale was still struggling with maturity last year. I think a big reason he's not doing as well now, is that until this year he didn't take the game seriously. JT can read a defense, he can be a coach on the field. Cardale can run some plays. It's a huge difference. If JT goes down, now that we've seen how Cardale plays in a bigger sample set, I'm definitely worried.

It really sucks for the kid, too. He could have gone down as one of the most legendary figures in Ohio State history. Not highly recruited kid from Cleveland, fights through Twitter issues, depth chart, all that. Comes in and wins the team he grew up loving a national championship. But now?

He will still be remembered for the championship run. It's just too story like to forget. I guess time will tell us how the rest of it goes.

He's still a Good QB who has potential to be great IMO....He just needs to keep practicing, learning the system and playing where he fits as relief the rest of the season and staying positive will be key.....I think Meyer knows what he's doing. I was totally against Meyer coming to OSU because I loved the sweater vest and how he played classy football.....but now with Urban here....I want the Offense to stuff as many points as possible down the opponents throats.....All game....EVERY GAME....0 Fucks given Style.

Last year Herman was there and knew Cardale's strengths, lots of long passes and plenty of time for Cardale to run the ball. This year, mainly in PSU game, Cardale never ran the ball and never threw any long passes. They are not playing to his strengths now. although on the short passes it seems either the receiver ran the wrong route or Cardale just totally misthrew it. I love Cardale and wished he could have excelled, but i think JT is the wise choice now that the season is going to get a little tougher for everyone.

Last year Herman was there and knew Cardale's strengths, lots of long passes and plenty of time for Cardale to run the ball. This year, mainly in PSU game, Cardale never ran the ball and never threw any long passes. They are not playing to his strengths now. although on the short passes it seems either the receiver ran the wrong route or Cardale just totally misthrew it. I love Cardale and wished he could have excelled, but i think JT is the wise choice now that the season is going to get a little tougher for everyone.

Most of the longer passes I remember this season have all been short, though, or misplaced altogether. I'm not sure if it's a confidence thing, since last year he had no competition in the position, due to injury, and this year he HAS/HAD to perform at a high level to be THE guy. Who knows.

All I know, is I'm very glad, as other's have stated, that JT is our starter.

Id attribute that partially to his poor read abilities.

Last year Herman was there and knew Cardale's strengths, lots of long passes and plenty of time for Cardale to run the ball.

Cardale had very few called runs aside from sneaks in the post-season under Herman. He actually had the best rushing game of his career in this season's opener vs. VT. Straight speed options to the outside with Zeke or Braxton as the pitch man and VT forced Cardale to keep it all night and they paid for it to the tune of 13 carries for 99 yards.

As for the long passes, remember they were long passes down the sideline. Less risk. And Devin Smith's ability to adjust to poorly thrown balls and go up and get them helped too.

I've been saying the lack of deep threat is killing this team. Thomas is an NFL WR, but he is not an explosive play maker in that aspect. Then you have 5-6 guys who all play the same role, trying to be WR's. I don't think it's going to hurt this team with Barrett at qb, but it obviously killed Cardale. I told a buddy ofine that Cardale simply doesn't look to be having fun anymore. That big ol' smile is non existent, his heads down a lot more coming off the field and it looks like he was trying way too hard.