College Football Thread v12.0

bicranium

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last years OSU D did just that. Henry wasn't even in the building. What makes you think this years OSU D wouldn't do the same?

I think we are all thinking the same thing. You didn't want any of this angry OSU team this year. You would get spanked again.

MSU so friggin lucky. B1G won't win the national title this year.

At this point in time I think Oklahoma will.

UNC got robbed on that first onside kick.

Agreed.

And a rose bowl between Ohio st vs Stanford. Stanford will skull fuck Ohio state

Somebody has to try. 'Bama sure couldn't. :lol:

We haven't been blown out lately. Doubt Stanford would, even if they could actually win. MSU, a playoff team, barely beat us.

How'd it feel seeing Ole Miss rack up 43 on your grubby team? Haha. Not gonna win it all man. Make peace with that now.

Riddle me this: 'Bama loses to a grubby team: in. MSU loses to a grubby team: in (B1G and then playoffs). Oklahoma loses to a grubby team: in. tOSU loses to a playoff caliber team: bye Felicia.

For real, explain that to me. None of that, "but everyone thought they might be good way back when those teams played them," nonsense either. Texas blows, Ole Miss is mediocre at best, and lolNebraska.

The team we lost to is still performing. Not salty, just can't understand why people preach about "quality" losses and who beat who then seem justified in what is going on. If the shoe was on the other foot we'd all be hearing about it for sure.

Last years OSU D did just that. Henry wasn't even in the building. What makes you think this years OSU D wouldn't do the same?

I think we are all thinking the same thing. You didn't want any of this angry OSU team this year. You would get spanked again.

Osu won by one touch down last year, how is that a spanking

If you watched the game you know that Bama was lucky it didn't get out of hand. Turnovers and early stalled drives in the red zone kept Bama in it.

If you truly remember that game Bama was on fire and the no call safety is the play that changed that game. Cardale was down in the end zone, period. Those two points plus a possession before the half was over. Instead the no call and then Thomas/zeke busted a huge play and the game changed.

Also it was hardly a beating it was a good match up between both teams. Bamas secondary was garbage and we created to much space in the flat. Bamas defense this year and ALOT better then last year and Bamas offense is years better then a Blake sims offense. if you have ever been a Bama fan and watched games they don't have a flashy faced paced offense. They never have a superstar QB, they always have had a guy that didn't turn the ball over. They have a mobile wide out( J. jones and A. Cooper) and a big dominant back. This years combo between Henry, Cooper, Howard, Drake, and Mullaney is a pretty lethal set.

Stop with the comparison of last year Bama to this year. Two totally different teams. Kind of like how the Buckeyes scored at will last year and looked like a dominant team against everyone. This year they were lack luster all year round. It bit them in the ass against their first real test. Then the following week they played a good game against M but that doesn't make up for all the close calls ans shoddy performances the rest of the season. One game doesn't mean shit if the other 11 weren't amazing.

Anyway we will enjoy our SEC title and play in the play off. Cheers

If you truly remember that game Bama was on fire and the no call safety is the play that changed that game. Cardale was down in the end zone, period. Those two points plus a possession before the half was over. Instead the no call and then Thomas/zeke busted a huge play and the game changed.

Also it was hardly a beating it was a good match up between both teams. Bamas secondary was garbage and we created to much space in the flat. Bamas defense this year and ALOT better then last year and Bamas offense is years better then a Blake sims offense. if you have ever been a Bama fan and watched games they don't have a flashy faced paced offense. They never have a superstar QB, they always have had a guy that didn't turn the ball over. They have a mobile wide out( J. jones and A. Cooper) and a big dominant back. This years combo between Henry, Cooper, Howard, Drake, and Mullaney is a pretty lethal set.

Stop with the comparison of last year Bama to this year. Two totally different teams. Kind of like how the Buckeyes scored at will last year and looked like a dominant team against everyone. This year they were lack luster all year round. It bit them in the ass against their first real test. Then the following week they played a good game against M but that doesn't make up for all the close calls ans shoddy performances the rest of the season. One game doesn't mean shit if the other 11 weren't amazing.

Did that just happen?

:confused:

Now you are just making stuff up. OSU was not dominant last year and was not scoring at will. They came into their own at the end of the year. This team bloomed too late.

Random thoughts:

- Florida's defense really impressed me. It's a shame they lost their QB earlier this year and had what I think was the equivalent of a CB playing the QB spot for them last night. I think had Florida's offense been able to at least sustain some drives and allowed the defense to at least catch their breath, it could have gone Florida's way easily

- that said, Alabama's defense looks really good. I'm impressed with them as well.

- all the Heisman contenders showed up last night. Though, I'm not sure if I am just being salty or truly objective here, but I really don't find it impressive when a running back has to have 40+ carries to get over 150 yards.

- I'd like to see McCafferty (or whatever that kid's name is from Stanford) win the Heisman. It should go to the best player, and it's clear to me he's the best player. Watson is the best QB, Henry is the best RB (though it's debatable with Elliot and Fournette in that mix), but McCafferty is the best player. (Unfortunately, the Heisman all too often just goes to the best QB on a really good/the best team.)

- so as a consolation prize, we get to go smoke Notre Dame in the Fiesta Bowl (a decade has past, so Notre Dame is due for their 10-year beating at Ohio State's hands) or go get in a dog fight with Stanford in the Rose Bowl. I'm okay with either. Of course, I'm disappointed with us not having a chance at the playoff, but that's our fault, not anyone else's

-I am now a huge Michigan State fan. Wouldn't it be great to have B10 teams win it back to back? Not that I want to be a B10 honk, but I know what another NC would mean in terms of enhancing the team's clout and Ohio State's chances moving forward

-if Michigan State doesn't win it, then I hope Clemson does. If Clemson doesn't, then I'm pulling for Oklahoma. Alabama, you've already won enough lately.

I'm beginning to think some of you don't even watch football.

OSU put up 50+ points against Maryland, Cincy, Rutgers, Kent St, Illinois, (49) against sparty. 6 of 12 games their offense score and out up big yards. Three others were in the 40 plus points. They then out 59 on whisky in b1g title game. Yes their offense was efficient and scored at will last year.

This year the team has 0 50+ point games. Only three games were they scored 40+ points. Quite a few games were won by 7-10 points. Yes last years OSU team was dominate on offense all season long. The question at the end of last year was would they be able to keep it up with JT going out at the end of the season.

I'm beginning to think some of you don't even watch football.

OSU put up 50+ points against Maryland, Cincy, Rutgers, Kent St, Illinois, (49) against sparty. 6 of 12 games their offense score and out up big yards. Three others were in the 40 plus points. They then out 59 on whisky in b1g title game. Yes their offense was efficient and scored at will last year.

This year the team has 0 50+ point games. Only three games were they scored 40+ points. Quite a few games were won by 7-10 points. Yes last years OSU team was dominate on offense all season long. The question at the end of last year was would they be able to keep it up with JT going out at the end of the season.

Tom Herman