New car, new city, new forum

TheLost

These are the type of people we need around here... welcome!

Thank you! I appreciate that.

Welcome, car looks good.

Oh and dont listen to this guy, the party is saturday lol

I'll try not to ;) or feed the trolls.

But thanks again, guys, I appreciate the warm welcome.

Welcome! I had a GGP 04 IS300 and really enjoyed the car. It was an auto though so never got to experience the stick. We had a IS get together a couple years back and I got to ride in a SRT turbo car and it was stupid fast (Nothing like Anthony's LS IS300 though).

Good luck with the mods and making it a 4 door Supra.

Welcome aboard! CR has a pretty solid showing at Cars and Coffee every weekend though I think many of our ilk slept in this past weekend despite the amazing weather ;) Short bearded dude here usually in a Lucore Automotive shirt feel free to say Hi!

And the world needs more nice IS back on the road.

Dually noted.

The fallback after SRT was going to be a Boost Logic kit or study up and piece together my own kit.

PS, that MkIV is gorgeous.

When it comes time for you to do that, feel free to shoot me a message if you decide to build your own system. I build turbo manifolds and do welding/fabrication of turbo systems for a living. You can view some of my stuff at http://www.bpautosports.net. No shameless plug intended haha.

Thank you, it's finally nearing completion after a huge rebuild over the past year or so. I need to update my build thread sometime.

Welcome. I'm in Westerville often. I'll keep an eye out for your car.

Sounds good! I think I've seen your Black FD rolling around town before, but never had a chance to ask any questions.

Welcome! I had a GGP 04 IS300 and really enjoyed the car. It was an auto though so never got to experience the stick. We had a IS get together a couple years back and I got to ride in a SRT turbo car and it was stupid fast (Nothing like Anthony's LS IS300 though).

Good luck with the mods and making it a 4 door Supra.

Thanks, man. Hopefully we'll reach 4 door Supra eventually :thumbup:

Welcome aboard! CR has a pretty solid showing at Cars and Coffee every weekend though I think many of our ilk slept in this past weekend despite the amazing weather ;) Short bearded dude here usually in a Lucore Automotive shirt feel free to say Hi!

And the world needs more nice IS back on the road.

I will definitely keep an eye out!

Welcome to the site. I think you'll find the scene in Columbus more than suitable compared to Wisconsin. I currently live on the lake an hour north of Milwaukee. Not a whole lot here as far as the car scene goes. Good luck with the car

I always found the car scene in southern Milwaukee and then further west to be decent, but with how attendance was this summer at Cars and Coffee, I can definitely tell there's a larger, more passionate group of enthusiasts here. I'm just really surprised the Mid-Ohio Car pages are so much less populated than the WCEC page. But thank you!

When it comes time for you to do that, feel free to shoot me a message if you decide to build your own system. I build turbo manifolds and do welding/fabrication of turbo systems for a living. You can view some of my stuff at http://www.bpautosports.net. No shameless plug intended haha.

Thank you, it's finally nearing completion after a huge rebuild over the past year or so. I need to update my build thread sometime.

It's only shameless if it doesn't work ;)

But I will most definitely let you know, especially if it prices better than a prepack kit.

Solid on the MkIV, I hope to see it someday!

CR at it's best. Love the community here.

Welcome to the board. I had an Toyota is300 for a number of ywars. I was never really overly impressed by it... It turned ok and was quick, much quicker than most guys accpected. Once beat a c5 Vette 40-140. It was pretty ok. 6 speed I was a better driver

I can neither confirm nor deny my actions. :lolguy:

Then I will take that as a yes ;)

Hi Triston and welcome. I'm new here too. Nice choice in wheels, those Enkeis will look mean on there.

Thanks, man! I like your bugeye, and look forward to seeing it in Ohio soon.

Welcome! I think we may have talked to each other at Cars and Coffee. We ate lunch with Doc at that street food style restaurant. Hope to see you at Cars and Coffee again.

Definitely, man.

Glad you joined up.

@PDQS4

I actually saw that, but then thought about the idea of an LS IS and thought I'd rather keep the 2JZ.

Anyways,

I was looking around my car today and made a pleasant discovery.

When purchasing the car, I was under the impression that it had a non-lsd rear, considering it was a year-one A/T.

However, this is not the case.

I checked the door sticker out of boredom, and noticed under A/TM, it had the code B02C.. An LSD code, the M98 sportline code to be exact.

I quickly got under the back, and sure enough, the sticker was still there in it's pocket "M98," clear as day.

Eventually I'll make a build thread once I actually have parts to qualify it as a build, not just a front lip and some window visors.

• 2 weeks later...
Definitely, man.

Glad you joined up.

@PDQS4

I actually saw that, but then thought about the idea of an LS IS and thought I'd rather keep the 2JZ.

Anyways,

I was looking around my car today and made a pleasant discovery.

When purchasing the car, I was under the impression that it had a non-lsd rear, considering it was a year-one A/T.

However, this is not the case.

I checked the door sticker out of boredom, and noticed under A/TM, it had the code B02C.. An LSD code, the M98 sportline code to be exact.

I quickly got under the back, and sure enough, the sticker was still there in it's pocket "M98," clear as day.

Eventually I'll make a build thread once I actually have parts to qualify it as a build, not just a front lip and some window visors.

Sportlines are hard to come by these days that are not beat to crap. Having the LSD is also pretty rare too. Where did you live in Milwaukee? I visit Waukesha quite often.

Sportlines are hard to come by these days that are not beat to crap. Having the LSD is also pretty rare too. Where did you live in Milwaukee? I visit Waukesha quite often.

I actually lived a touch north of Milwaukee in Port Washington, though I spent most of my time in Milwaukee.

But yeah, I'm glad it was a decent find. 01 LSD is not common at all. :D

• Casper unlocked this topic