Very cool Miata kit car build

Aaron

So he did all that to end up with a prettier-looking 4 cylinder. Neat.

If you want to see a real Miata build, check out this series.

You're too predictable.

Clicked to watch. Then realized its a multi part video, and the first was 16 minutes long. Then I realized I didn't care, and closed it out.

I love stuff like this. Guy does amazing work. I wonder how many hours he had into it? 1000?

It's amazing how a few simple design alterations and the thing goes from cheap Italian suit to saville row British tailor made. I like that he reshape do the grill to the Aston Martin shape instead of keeping the oval Ferrari shape. Looks more GT6 and baby XKE than old Ferrari. I hate the taillights bug I realize he did that probably to meet his country's DOT laws.

The problem with a Miata is that there is no way to make a hardtop look good on those cars, this is far and away the best effort and I feel he pulls it off but there are still those that complain the proportions are "off".

Falling a little deeper down this rabbit hole it appears that the UK kit is a copy of the old Jim Simpson rhino kit for the Datsun 240z, but reconfigured for a Miata. For those that don't know Jim Simpson makes the Italia rebody for miatas currently, although he won't sell you a "coupe" kit just a turnkey body install. There was a guy with an Italia Miata roadster at CC&C this year, was neat to see in person.

Anybody know what an LS swap kit for a Miata runs?

I like the V8 roadsters stuff, the money comes in with the rear end, axles, and trying to make a tin can as stiff as an I beam which is like pushing rope up hill.

R.I.P my phone's internet browser...

So the guy converted a Miata to look like a Ferrari but kept the Mazda badge which would confuse uneducated people into thinking it was a Mazda, but then have to explain to them that its actually a Ferrari look on a Miata which he decided to keep the Mazda badge and not put on a Ferrari badge which would confuse them even more into thinking why hack up the Miata in the first place? Having him explain that he enjoyed his Mazda so much that he hacked it up to LOOK like a Ferrari, only to keep the Mazda logo all because he loved two different cars but wanted them to be one in the same... Makes perfect sense to me :thumbup:

R.I.P my phone's internet browser...

So the guy converted a Miata to look like a Ferrari but kept the Mazda badge which would confuse uneducated people into thinking it was a Mazda, but then have to explain to them that its actually a Ferrari look on a Miata which he decided to keep the Mazda badge and not put on a Ferrari badge which would confuse them even more into thinking why hack up the Miata in the first place? Having him explain that he enjoyed his Mazda so much that he hacked it up to LOOK like a Ferrari, only to keep the Mazda logo all because he loved two different cars but wanted them to be one in the same... Makes perfect sense to me :thumbup:

well that is one (very misguided) way of looking at it. Another way to look at it would be that he owns a miata but it is not "vintage" feeling enough for him, so he takes a body kit, removes all the "signature" ferrari 250 GTO elements, leaves things that would be considered universal staples of the 1960's sports car (fastback roof, covered headlights, ducktail spoiler, etc..) and builds something that has more of a generic vintage feel while keeping all the stuff he liked about the miata.

you seem to be looking at it like he is building a car specifically to fool other people, and I think the guy just built what he liked and had fun doing it. It is a stereotype that kit car people are sometimes trying to deceive the casual observer, and it isn't an unfair one, but not EVERY custom car is built for an audience. I honestly believe this guy gives 0 fucks about whether people think it is a ferrari or not, but I am pretty sure he is having way more fun than most people shitting on it on the internet.

LOL dude likes the look and body lines of the Ferrari but is keeping the Miata name/badge since its still a Miata with a body KIT. Man.. some people just can't wrap there minds around it :confused:

Guess it's a lot like buying a desirable Porsche that really isn't what it's advertised :confused:

Guess it's a lot like buying a desirable Porsche that really isn't what it's advertised :confused:

ahah not sure what your response is really getting at.

My comment was just describing what the guy did since a lot of people are over complicating it. I love the end result since I've never saw anything like it and its well done.

If your referring to my car being mis-represented, I can't really help you there since you must be clueless on the subject.

I like the car and wouldn't mind doing something similar if I could ever find the time and space. If it were me though, I would have gone forced induction instead of itbs (I know, the car would still be slow, but Miata's are surprisingly quick with a small turbo and enjoyable to drive on the street. The damn things are really like a damn go kart).