Went on a diet (new car inside)

DaddyBuiltRacing

Well, it's the end of an era folks. After much debate and talking with my wife, we have decided that a different chassis is the best option for us. Some of you may know, others may not, but last year I wrecked my car and after talking to a few body guys locally it was worse than I thought. The cost of fixing the Integra, if I could even find someone willing to take on the challenge, was more costly than to buy a whole new setup. It's been a fun ride the last 6 years with the Integra and I am sure I will miss it from time to time. I am not sure just yet, what the fate of it is exactly, but I know it will no longer be my racecar.

With that said, let me introduce you to the new chassis.

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p81/alittlelessordinary/ek_zpsfaqbogpe.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p81/alittlelessordinary/ek2_zpseduawpe1.jpg

The car has a turbo b16 (piston/rod setup) in it. We are going to pull that set up out and put it in my wifes recently acquired EF hatch. The pink wheels are not included with the car thankfully haha. My 700+ setup is going in the hatch and the quest for 9's is about to get real. My setup went 10.8@142 in a 2700lb tank while having issues. A 2200lb car should make for a much more enjoyable ride

Should run pretty solid, my buddy has a stock b18a (non vtec), un tuned on 12lbs and it goes 11.80's in an EF hatch. My buddy is going to tune the b16 for us and we're gonna do a fresh re-tune on my setup before the season begins. Funny thing is 3 days ago I wasn't even going to go racing this year, amazing how quickly that can all change. The wife sent me a message on facebook 2 days ago telling me she misses us racing because our first date 13 years ago was going up to Columbus to watch street racing. It's always been our thing I guess.

I always say I am going to get away from the Hondas but somehow I end up right back in one. Eventually I want to build a big boy LS powered anything and enjoy that life

We have both am EF and Ek now. Trans is my weak link as well, I'm on trans #4. Can't keep a set of synchros and 3/4 slider/hub in a trams to save my life. I just can't afford a 10k liberty or other dogbox.

I have a feeling the heavy weight of my integra played a role in it some. Hoping the lighter weight will add some life to transmissions.