Fact or Crap - LS3 question

caseyctsv

My dad had a highly modified 85 GSXR in storage in AZ, I asked him to take it out and he said we can't he had filled the entire engine with kerosine to preserve it I guess. Don't how much truth there was in that statement but yeah I get it too.

Wait....what? Kerosene? That can't be right. Kerosene is a solvent and a good stand in for mineral spirits as a cleaning agent. He might as well have said he filled the whole engine with gasoline. Maybe he said mineral oil and you misheard him. Or maybe he was doing some weird system flush.

85 GSXR is a nice bike, your dad has good taste.

Wait....what? Kerosene? That can't be right. Kerosene is a solvent and a good stand in for mineral spirits as a cleaning agent. He might as well have said he filled the whole engine with gasoline. Maybe he said mineral oil and you misheard him. Or maybe he was doing some weird system flush.

85 GSXR is a nice bike, your dad has good taste.

I was young and that was a long time ago, I could have it completely wrong, all I know is he said he filled it completely with something and said it was pickled... LOL Who knows, he was a strange man. He lost an eye in Superbike in Germany.