2016 Camaro SS vs 2015 BMW M4

caseyctsv

If you're cross-shopping a BMW M4 and a Chevrolet Camaro SS, please just give your money to me so I can buy myself a BMW M3.

Seriously, who the hell is cross-shopping these? Sure, a built Colt is faster than a brand new Audi A8, but that's not the point...

If you're cross-shopping a BMW M4 and a Chevrolet Camaro SS, please just give your money to me so I can buy myself a BMW M3.

Seriously, who the hell is cross-shopping these? Sure, a built Colt is faster than a brand new Audi A8, but that's not the point...

I don't get your point at all. If you are in the market for a sporty/fast coupe why would you not cross shop these? They are certainly different price points but size, weight, performance, yada yada are almost identical. I think that saying the Camaro handles as well or better than the 70k+ BMW is the point. You could never say that before. If your German/foreign car bias is so strong that you dismiss what American car companies are doing right now it is your loss.

I would venture you can count the number of M4 owners who cross shop down to a camaro on one hand. You'd be looking at the ATSv.

The other way, camaro up to atsv and m4, probably has more, but still very few.

These types of comparisons are to show how good the other car is against the benchmark.

Also noticed the lap times and performance specs were more in line with my expectations this time.

Always fun debates. Bang for the $ Chevy wins. However, I don't see German Car fans cross shopping a Chevy. I also don't see them being too worried performance wise consider they are just a tune away from some real fun.