• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My stock 2013 GT

Brian heads up for $20

Casey heads up for $20

Aaron best time of the day $20

Grant vs Paul side bet for $20. I'd like my money, Grant.

I'll also bet that Clay's LT1 autocross Camaro can beat any of the cars mentioned for $20.

Tossing Paul's GTO in for $20.

My stock 2013 GT

Brian heads up for $20

Casey heads up for $20

Aaron best time of the day $20

Grant vs Paul side bet for $20. I'd like my money, Grant.

I'll also bet that Clay's LT1 autocross Camaro can beat any of the cars mentioned for $20.

Tossing Paul's GTO in for $20.

$20 against anything listed.

Holy shit, LOL, I am gonna struggle. Just went out and tried a couple of launches and runs in a good safe spot, using track Apps in the car. I had 11 Years in AWD, felt super comfortable. Not so much in this thing. 2 things, I realize it's 60 degrees so it's gonna be hard, but fuck is it hard to launch this thing. Using the track apps in the car, I had a 2.3 60 ft time. :no: 2nd I let out at 100, as it still pulls unlike an STI, (good feeling) as this thing feels way different than and STI at high speed though. So I let off and car said 13.8 @96 :lolguy: I realize the track will be smoother so that should help that. I need to read about Launch Control as I had that on and had it set to 4K, however I spun way too long I feel. Not sure what Launch Control did. Respect to you RWD guys, AWD launch is so simple. And I realize I'm not on slicks so I guess I am gonna spin right? I'm gonna need some advise here, and fuck it I'm not above asking for some help. Flame away, or whatever, I'm listening regardless.

LOL

From what I read on the forums, for best LC times, set for max RPM and feather the clutch (if you dare).

I'll try it a few times, but I predict I'll get better times on my own.

Also the track should be stickier than the street too...

Well the info on Launch Control was useless in the manual. :dumb: Man my runs are gonna be great for laughs. Oh and since I'm on street tires it's best to avoid the water box and no burnout right?

no burnout, pull the fuse for traction control, slip clutch out around 3700rpm, your gonna fight traction so pedal it. launch control is gonna kill your times.

launch control works with traction control. you won't get the momentum you need.

turn the aids off and let it eat. just don't clutch dump that car on stock axels or you will break an axels if it hooks up lol.

if you can't get a grip on slipping the clutch out on it, then just ease it out of the hole on next to idle, then nail it.

ill be happy to drive it once down the track to show you =-)

Well the info on Launch Control was useless in the manual. :dumb: Man my runs are gonna be great for laughs. Oh and since I'm on street tires it's best to avoid the water box and no burnout right?

Correct no water box, just drive around the water box. Then just spin the tires briefly to get the crap off them.

some one get some video of his first run, :lol: I wont be able to watch this till 1pm. FML