How do I get the Dog smell out?

Geeto67

So recently I bought my mother's old car. It's an 06 bmw 325xi 6mt. One of the problems with it is that a rather large golden retriever practically lived in the back seat of this car. It stinks. I have used one of those rubber mits to get most of the hair our of the carpet and leather and vynil cleaner on the interior (bmw sensatec) to get the stains out, but the thing still stinks.

Any suggestions for killing the pet odor?

I gave a crackhead co-worker of mine in portsmouth to get gas for his lawn mower when I was in college. He did not put the gas cap on the can tight, got gas all over the hatch of my camaro.

The only way we got the smell of the crackhead and gas out of the car was to pull the rear carpet out, blast it with baking soda and let it sit outside for a while in the garage.

I guess the point to the story is don't give crackheads rides in portsmouth, and baking soda might take the smell out.

we really need a way to rep threads because that story is awesome. thanks!

Dead srs doe, baking soda helped.

At Enterprise we used some spray that came from the company that gave us our car wash suppies. That magic stuff could get the worst of the worst feet and ass smells out of a rental car.

I had put an old bag of trash in my MS3 one time to take to a dumpster and forgot it for a few days :doh:

I did two things:

Baking soda in a shaker dispenser and hit all the carpet/fabric areas. Next I put several packets of the coffee I pillaged from some hotel stays (I never drink the shitty coffee in the rooms) around the hatch areas and that did the trick. Leave them there for a week and keep the windows rolled up.

Vacuum up the soda and enjoy the aroma of Starbucks. Leave windows open and all will dissipate quickly. No more smell.

In your case you might want to start with cleaning the fabric and carpets. Use the best solution you can find and mix in a teaspoon of the fabric freshener pellets you see in the laundry isle. Works great.

x2. When I was managing hotels we used one to get some of the most God-awful smells out of rooms.

x3, my cum dumpster of an ex girlfriend used to work at Paul Davis Restoration (they do fire/mold/flood/water damage etc) Those ionizers work great and will take the smell out of just about anything

anyone have a recommendation on an ionizer? I can't imagine a car one is all that powerful and the market is probably flooded with a lot of looks good on paper but works crap in real world.

anyone have a recommendation on an ionizer? I can't imagine a car one is all that powerful and the market is probably flooded with a lot of looks good on paper but works crap in real world.

I'll try to get ahold of my ex and see if she knows of any. The ones she used at work were giant shop-vac sized commercial units.

Have you tried the ozone spray? I used to use that stuff when I still smoked and it worked great. I'd spray it on the carpets/seats/headliner and then leave the windows up/doors closed on a nice sunny day. Link to it on amazon but I know walmart and the parts stores carry it.

http://www.amazon.com/Medo-OZM-1-Ozium-Air-Sanitizer/dp/B000CSWCAG

Wouldn't the baking soda/coffee grounds option be a good starting point? The next two weeks you take finding an ionizer could be time that the baking soda is doing it's job.

Baking soda already on the carpets. I'm looking for in addition to.

Dead srs doe, baking soda helped.

At Enterprise we used some spray that came from the company that gave us our car wash suppies. That magic stuff could get the worst of the worst feet and ass smells out of a rental car.

Renting a car to go to Florida this year, challenge accepted. Going to start a week long diet of Taco bell and White Castle before I leave.

Seriously though op, toss a few dryer sheets around the car, it makes the car smell good.