Riding mower Questions

SRTurbo04

I'm about to close on a house in Carroll with just under 2 acres. It's about half wooded, but the seller is including that same D105 model mower that he bought a year ago. It's the tiniest of the JDs so we'll see how it goes, but it's hard to beat free lol.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your Mom spoiled you with the riding mower huh? Looks cool, I guess since you drive that grandpa car you need some excitment in your life. I bet your car and mower have about the same power to weight ratio.

The JD probably out 30fts my car :lolguy:

Yes this is the excitement in my life and I am ok with it. OLD MAN STATUS!

I'm about to close on a house in Carroll with just under 2 acres. It's about half wooded, but the seller is including that same D105 model mower that he bought a year ago. It's the tiniest of the JDs so we'll see how it goes, but it's hard to beat free lol.

You definitely cant go wrong with free. and congrats on the house, posts some details when your done!

Go with John Deere... Craftsman is junk... trashes spindles and mounds constantly as well as goes through belts like no one's business (partially because of spindle issues) and I'd stay away from Huskivarna as well... I bought one of those from Lowes, had to replace it 3 times before saying screw it and getting my money back. I ended up then going with a Ferris which has been but it's some serious $$$

No love for the big cub cadets? My dad has a GT2000 or GT2500 I think it is, and it's very beefy. Driveshaft instead of belt driven too.

I had a Cub Cadet z-force for 2 seasons... was garbage... I had so many issues with it... Then again I have a very large yard. You honestly get what you pay for and my Ferris IS700z is a tank. Best mower hands down that I've ever used....

I had a Cub Cadet z-force for 2 seasons... was garbage... I had so many issues with it... Then again I have a very large yard. You honestly get what you pay for and my Ferris IS700z is a tank. Best mower hands down that I've ever used....

What issues did you have? Just curious. And what model Z-Force did you have? LZ-L (lapbar), ZF-S (synchro steer) or ZF Commercial?

Go with John Deere... Craftsman is junk... trashes spindles and mounds constantly as well as goes through belts like no one's business (partially because of spindle issues) and I'd stay away from Huskivarna as well... I bought one of those from Lowes, had to replace it 3 times before saying screw it and getting my money back. I ended up then going with a Ferris which has been but it's some serious $$$

Ughh I did :lol:

lol I had cash ready to go I Was ready to buy that day, but when you had me wait that week till you were in town it gave me time to think and to buy new. No worries, times just didn't line up.

Edited by Paul

What issues did you have? Just curious. And what model Z-Force did you have? LZ-L (lapbar), ZF-S (synchro steer) or ZF Commercial?

commercial... had issues with spindles, the brackets that hold the deck on was welded so many times that it was nothing but welds. It was slow by today's standards, ate belts, I just hated it.

commercial... had issues with spindles, the brackets that hold the deck on was welded so many times that it was nothing but welds. It was slow by today's standards, ate belts, I just hated it.

+1 I had a ZF Commercial and it was also junk. Same thing, spindles, belts, and anything that was welded to the deck had a tendency to break off with ease. Replaced it with a 72 inch Hustler Super Z. Couldn't be happier.