Questions for GTI MKVII owners

gaewsky1

I'm thinking a getting a '16 S DSG 4door GTI as a daily. 4 door to fit the kids and DSG so the wife can drive. My questions is do you enjoy yours? After owing it do you regret it or have any major issues? It would be a lease so I'm not worried about it lasting longer than 3 yrs.

What is the best VW dealer to deal with in Cbus? I've seen a couple of dealers in the Virginia area that are selling the car for around $21900 for the one I'm looking for. I may have to make a trip if Cbus dealers can't come within 500 or 600 of that price.

Also any good forums to visit? I've been on VWvortex already. TIA

I'm thinking a getting a '16 S DSG 4door GTI as a daily. 4 door to fit the kids and DSG so the wife can drive. My questions is do you enjoy yours? After owing it do you regret it or have any major issues? It would be a lease so I'm not worried about it lasting longer than 3 yrs.

What is the best VW dealer to deal with in Cbus? I've seen a couple of dealers in the Virginia area that are selling the car for around $21900 for the one I'm looking for. I may have to make a trip if Cbus dealers can't come within 500 or 600 of that price.

Also any good forums to visit? I've been on VWvortex already. TIA

I don't believe I've seen anyone with a MK7 yet, but I'm a multiple MK5/6 owner.

Central Ohio VW market is strong, you won't find those kind of deals any place, or any time until maybe end of year.

The early MK7 GTIs had turbo issues, but that has been sorted.

Other than suggesting you get the performance package, I fully support your decision. Judging by the reviews, you should love it.

I do not own one, but have driven one on many occasions. If you plan to keep it stock then this wont be an issue, but the OEM turbo is made by IHI which is absolute trash and may or may not go out very early into owning the car, they have had very high failure rates. Besides that they are awesome cars. Great tech and the motors and transmissions are near bulletproof until 500whp

Can't help with pricing, but we are an APR dealer and the many MK7 GTI's I have driven that are here in town were nice with the DSG. If you ever plan to modify/tune the car, the DSG can handle MUCH more Horespower and Torque than the stock manual clutch can (upwards of 500+), if that makes any difference. There is also a TCU tune for the DSG where it optimizes shifting and you can put launch control on the car at almost an RPM you want.

I purchased my GLI at Hatfield, different car but were much more willing to deal on the car than any other dealer. I worked with Clayton at Hatfield and he was great. Trey at MAG Audi will be good experience as well.

I frequent the VWvortex forum for all the models and I haven't read a thread about someone complaining about the MK7. Great motor, great power, good styling and I would prefer the lighting package and performance package, but that is just my opinion.

Have you driven one yet?

Not yet. Just norrowing down my options since our current lease is up soon.

The GTI just seemed to cover a lot of what we were looking for. I may have to look at the GLI too.

I really like my GLI, but I do miss the hatchback sometimes. You can get a pretty good deal on a loaded GLI through hatfield.