Good ride today!!

FocusDave01

Want to thank Mako,Zuki, Nate and Mike. Had a really good time..I feel I learned alot...Need alot more practice but atleast Im starting to realize positioning and what not.. Sorry Zuki about your spill hope you feel better and bike atleast is still runnin.. Look forward to many more rides with you all and hope to see more out there and meet you guys!!

yeah jerm it was nice to finally meet you in person man...heal up so ur out there with us to but dont let your dad wreck your bikes lol (just kiddin) ur dad seems kool as shit..

as for goin down yeah zuki went down right in front of me...but it wasnt major bike and himself got dinged up a lil bit he rode away from it tho..

Sucks to hear about someone down, heal fast.

Rc51 and myself had a good run early in the day until he got a flat 40 miles from home. But atleast we hauled it home safe and sound.

Ousley99 and Flounder joined up later in the day and we ran 188 down here. Glad they did, it turned out to be a great ride. Drove around 270 for a bit after, but damn freeways are soo boring.

Howd u go down? Riding beyond their limits?

nope...

went to take a right hand turn, going like 25mph, hit a patch of gravel/dirt and lost the rear tire.

Frame slider did its job, got a couple scratchs but nothin major..

Unfortunitly I had an icon textile jacket and it lasted all of about 2 seconds, til it desintergrated on my right arm... leaving some good rash..

Was my first time going down since I started riding 8 years ago, I am just happy that it was at a low speed... But hey, thats why we wear gear....

Sorry to hear about the wreck, it sounds like it was rather minor though.

I saw a brand new rider today on a gixxer, temp tags, textile jacket, no gloves, and some helmet that wasn't even branded it was so cheap. I'm glad he realized gear is important, but the quality of the gear is also important. Obviously he values his own head at $50 buck or so.

Was my first time going down since I started riding 8 years ago, I am just happy that it was at a low speed... But hey, thats why we wear gear....

wow. thats pretty good man. i been riding 2 1/2 yrs and havent been down yet.

nope...

went to take a right hand turn, going like 25mph, hit a patch of gravel/dirt and lost the rear tire.

Unfortunitly I had an icon textile jacket and it lasted all of about 2 seconds, til it desintergrated on my right arm... leaving some good rash..

Glad you're alright.

The guy at the riders meeting at Mid Ohio last weekend said it best.

"There are a thousand websites you can go on to buy parts for your bike. For YOU, not so many."

Wear your gear... :)

nope...

That sucks. Gravel in corners always makes the butt pucker a bit. Good to hear you and the bike are alright.

I'd be pissed if my jacket tore apart like that especially in such a low speed crash. There was an article that came out a while ago that showed textile as being as effective as leathers up to around 80-90MPH. Never been a fan of ICON, but I'd write them and piss a fit if that happened to me.

Do you think textiles shlould have an expiration date?

They take alot of abuse just from being worn let alone sliding on pavement.

Sun, sweat, bug guts and everything else out there would seem to have some effect on the material.

Glad to hear you're alright. I had the same thing happen when I went down from gravel. Melted a good portion of the arm off but there was armor on under it. Unless it's the real premium cordura stuff I just don't trust it anymore.

Do you think textiles shlould have an expiration date?

They take alot of abuse just from being worn let alone sliding on pavement.

Sun, sweat, bug guts and everything else out there would seem to have some effect on the material.

Icon jackets do have an expiration date. It's on the receipt, whatever date the jacket was purchased, it's no longer good from this date on and should be disposed of. Srsly, Icon is flashy crap on a stick.

:p

Icon jackets do have an expiration date. It's on the receipt, whatever date the jacket was purchased, it's no longer good from this date on and should be disposed of. Srsly, Icon is flashy crap on a stick.

:p

I have never had any Icon gear... However, I get the same impression. Its POP gear... :)