What to do...

dover

I currently have a 14' 1LE, car is fun has bolt ons, and if I keep it I plan on going H/C with it. Thing is, it is heavy. I don't want to sink money in to something that just won't ever fit the feel I am searching for I guess. But I can take my kiddo with me in it. So. Should I trade it in for...

CTS-V (Gen 2) Sedan - no to the coupe they look off to me.

- pros: cool DD, can take my kiddo with me, mod friendly, can't decide whether I'd get an M6 or A6

- cons: heavy, and a sedan losing the "fun car" feel

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z441/BB2010SRT8/IMG_1256_zpse0963946.png

(or)

C6z

- pros: Light, fun, mod friendly, weekend car or in my case time home fun car, would be sex with H/C and some RT-S's

- cons: can't take my kiddo in for a few years

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s155/alglll/IMG_20121006_141710_007.jpg

(or)

C7

- pros: same as c6z just newer

- cons: same as c6z and LT1 and no wide booty :(

(i know this is a Z but she pretty)

http://cdn.speednik.com/files/2015/11/2015-11-24_06-33-16.jpg

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like you cant have your cake and eat it too. Unfortunately if you want to bring the kid along your probably going to have to drive something heavy, which a CTS-V would be perfect for. Otherwise the C7 is the way I would probably go. GM made alot of improvements with the C7 but as you said you cant bring the kid along. I dont know though, probably shouldnt be doing any pulls with the kid in the car. :lol:

Moving from your Camaro to the V will not fix the biggest complaint you have with the Camaro. The Vette is probably what you want but, like me, you are still in the "need a backseat crew". I have another car so I don't NEED a backseat, but it limits when I can use the car which is already limited by our weather here

I have another car so I really don't have problems with transporting him, I just want him to enjoy the car too. He already makes the car sounds when he's riding in the back of my 1LE lol. And I can't take him in the vette because he's only a 1.5 year old and still needs a car seat lol.

I put 1k miles on my h/c/I vette last year. And 10k miles on my v when I had it and 10k miles on my Audi. You will enjoy having four doors, and the ride of the v is amazing for daily usage

I loved my caddy. My advice is to get the v and mod it. I a, almost certainly parting ways with my vette this summer, and either getting another vette, or something else with four doors that is fast. Specifically, I'm waiting for gm to throw the 10 speed autos in the c7z

I have another car so I really don't have problems with transporting him, I just want him to enjoy the car too. He already makes the car sounds when he's riding in the back of my 1LE lol. And I can't take him in the vette because he's only a 1.5 year old and still needs a car seat lol.

The Corvette generations you mentioned have a "smart" SRS airbag system. It can detect passenger seat occupancy and if it's less than 80 lbs, the passenger-side module is turned off. Also, since a car seat straddles the occupancy sensor (located in the middle of cushion), the module is turned off anyway. The problem lies within the fact of mixing rear-facing car seat with a deploying front airbag; remove one aspect of the equation and the problem no longer exists.

I drove around my then-toddler son in my '3 Z06 with passenger-side airbag manually turned off. My '8 Z06 already has the the passenger occupancy sensor, so no action is needed.

The Corvette generations you mentioned have a "smart" SRS airbag system. It can detect passenger seat occupancy and if it's less than 80 lbs, the passenger-side module is turned off. Also, since a car seat straddles the occupancy sensor (located in the middle of cushion), the module is turned off anyway. The problem lies within the fact of mixing rear-facing car seat with a deploying front airbag; remove one aspect of the equation and the problem no longer exists.

I drove around my then-toddler son in my '3 Z06 with passenger-side airbag manually turned off. My '8 Z06 already has the the passenger occupancy sensor, so no action is needed.

Pretty sure it's not legal to have a car seat up front. No matter the air bag situation. People making laws aren't smart enough to make exceptions.

Pretty sure it's not legal to have a car seat up front. No matter the air bag situation. People making laws aren't smart enough to make exceptions.

This is what I came here to post. Law came out a few years back.

ATS-V sedan

Seems to solve your problems, no?

Optioned out the ATS-Vs seem to be reaching for some very impressive price tags, but damn are they sexy. Were I be in a situation where I needed/wanted a 4 door fast car that would be on the very top of my list.