The new "Go-Kart".

Draco-REX

Worked on the Exige today. Attached a front tow loop and installed Sector 111 TALLrails. The rear loop will go on later when I have more time, and a lug-bolt tool.

The new seating position is fantastic. I'm looking through the center of the windshield instead of the top, and the seat is more comfortable now. I can also fit with a helmet on and still have a finger or two of room. But I also discovered that the wrong bolts were used when the lap belts were installed. I thought the seat was too tight on my hips, but I was actually being stabbed by the seatbelt bolts. Picked up the correct ones and the pain is gone.

I don't know who did the interior work on this car, but he/she was a hack. I'm finding lots of questionable choices and janky work, including discovering that a captive nut that holds the roof on was busted loose. So now I cna't take the roof off unless I cut the bolt and replace the roof. This will be a bit of a project. But I think I'm going to enjoy it. Oh well, no car is perfect.

Driving it is a lot of fun. The on-center feel of the steering is a bit vague and the brakes grab before the pedal firms up. I'm looking into the steering, it might just be alignment, but I think the brake feel issue is due to the stock M/C trying to drive 4 big 4-piston calipers.

When I was out I finally took some pics. It saw a little rain so it could use a cleaning, but these should be enough to tide me over until I do more with the car.

26532095182_ec1f08f4c6_b.jpg

26532097132_3e6f9e208d_b.jpg

26532151692_6fba490296_b.jpg

26019498604_dc7a67418b_b.jpg

26351815360_8bdd108ee2_b.jpg

26598955706_342614f3dc_b.jpg

26532209412_4eb16b7c32_b.jpg

26559914481_ebac4bb968_b.jpg

Love it!

The on center could be the allignment or tires.... I've noticed with different tires, the steering would slightly change. The car does have a manual rack, so you might just not be used to that.

It looks sooooo good. Sorry to hear about the suspension. When i got the vette i discovered the previous owner just loosely wrapped the sub strap from the 5 point around the seat bracket. Some people just dont care.

Thanks everyone.

Love it!

The on center could be the allignment or tires.... I've noticed with different tires, the steering would slightly change. The car does have a manual rack, so you might just not be used to that.

I need to set up an appt with Northend Wrench and have them give the alignment a good look. But first some research.

GO KART should be your plate :)

Looks amazing and I bet it's a blast.

It is. GO KART is taken. But BUZZBOX isn't... I may just go generic though.

What motor is in this one?

This generation uses a Toyota 2ZZGE engine. A previous owner added a basic Katana supercharger.

Too bad. Not I a position to check but...

GO KRT

SLOT CAR

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

"LO KART" (lotus kart?)

"SLO KART" :)

Some good suggestions. Thanks.

How much are these going for nowadays? I would love to get one of these someday... soooo damn sexy.

Good examples start mid 50s. Mine is modified and definitely tracked pretty hard. (Found some "klag" between the body panels yesterday) So I was able to get it much lower.

Very cool. All I can think of is the torture my wife would put me through every time she rode in it :)

It is so hard to get in and out of

You feel EVERY bump

Is there one ounce of sound deadening in this POS?

It's funny, I was at work the other day and had an epiphany about climbing in and out. It just like putting on a helmet. It's awkward and uncomfortable doing it, but once inside it is *relatively* comfortable.

It's funny, I was at work the other day and had an epiphany about climbing in and out. It just like putting on a helmet. It's awkward and uncomfortable doing it, but once inside it is *relatively* comfortable.

Make sure not to grab the windscreen when getting in and out, you will end up bending the frame.

Easiest way is just sitting on the sill, and sliding in.

Make sure not to grab the windscreen when getting in and out, you will end up bending the frame.

Easiest way is just sitting on the sill, and sliding in.

I should take a picture of the door opening. The door bars are above the sill, reducing the tiny door opening by 4 inches or so. Luckily the A-pillar bar is perfect for grabbing.

I bet a normal Exige or Elise would be a piece of cake to climb into now. Heh