Help!!! Tire emergency!!!

CBRzach

I can't believe I didn't notice this before I left or else it happened on the way over, but my rear tire is showing the braiding!!! I'm about a half hour from home at 35 and interstate 71. I was meetig some friends to ride to cbus, but I told themto to because I don't trust the tires. Is there a shop nearby or do you guys think I can limp her home??!?! My number is 7176790749 if anyone wantsto call.

I had that happen just over a month ago. I had 4 small braids showing in the middle in some sections and rubber in others. I just limped home slowly, using the front brake only and no engine braking. Its really just a judgement call, but er on the side of saftey in worse case.

I would not ride it unless you can keep it on the surface streets.

At least then if it goes down....you can bring her to a quick and safe stop.

It wont "BLOW" Out if thats what your worried about.....But it might punture or wear through and lose air...In which case you then have to find a way to get it home.

If need be....I can bring my truck and we can load it in the back.

I always keep tie downs in there for a bike and I have moved about 25 bikes in the back of this truck....so I have theprctice loading into this thing.

Ride it slow man, you'll be alright, post up when you and your bike is safe.

Man, reading this reminds me that my rear is probably pretty close to that stage, anyone know where to get a rear tire for a decent price, preferably bridgestone or michelin?

I rode my last rear tire down to the cord. It happens quickly, toward the end of the tire. That tire is a lot stronger than you think. Ride it home carefully, and buy a new tire.

Note: this time I'm buying a tire now, before it gets any worse. Those tread indicator bars aren't lying, it's near the end of the tire...

I rode from sandusky to columbus with threads showing the whole way. Of course every bump I hit on 71 I thought would be my last. It will make it back to dayton, but it will be the worst ride of your life worrying the whole way.

I can't believe I didn't notice this before I left or else it happened on the way over, but my rear tire is showing the braiding!!! I'm about a half hour from home at 35 and interstate 71. I was meetig some friends to ride to cbus, but I told themto to because I don't trust the tires. Is there a shop nearby or do you guys think I can limp her home??!?! My number is 7176790749 if anyone wantsto call.

hoping you limped it home by now, but noticed that your cell number has a Lebanon, PA exchange.. I grew up in the burg!

I rode my last rear tire down to the cord. It happens quickly, toward the end of the tire. That tire is a lot stronger than you think. Ride it home carefully, and buy a new tire.

Note: this time I'm buying a tire now, before it gets any worse. Those tread indicator bars aren't lying, it's near the end of the tire...

geez... I can see the change in color of the tire compound. There's a long stripe right down the center. About 8 inches long. Just like where the last tire showed cord through. It's about to show cord already. It only took a couple of weeks to go from worn tread bars to almost showing cord. Iron Pony tire tomorrow if they got one I want.