need two small iron brackets threaded

yesitsdon

Guys,

I need two small thin iron brackets threaded for about 2mm size screws. I've called a few machine shops and the min. is $100 which I know this work shouldn't cost that much so are there any garage machinist out there?

I read mixed reviews on the inexpensive tap sets so I wasn't sure if it would just be easier to have a pro handle it as a side job but I may just do it myself and get some experience. Any suggestion on a brand?

That should tap pretty easily. How many holes? You can always order a decent tap for $10 from grainger and pick it up within an hour. Otherwise I'd just try the $3-4 ones you can pick up anywhere

That should tap pretty easily. How many holes? You can always order a decent tap for $10 from grainger and pick it up within an hour. Otherwise I'd just try the $3-4 ones you can pick up anywhere

This. I had to drill and retap a engine mount hole in an iron block 4.6 ford a while back. I tried the HF but it kept breaking, a quality/die combo did the trick.