Recommendations on a detailing kit

caseyctsv

Rupes Big Foot Mk II LHR 15 is relatively new. I'd be surprised if you found anything better for what you're looking to do.

Do you have a rupes? Curious how it compares to your orbital.

There's one in my garage, yeah, but it isn't mine. Addison upgraded to it and says it's miles ahead of the last generation. He actually has the LHR 21 with the 15 backing plate.

The Griot's is all I need. Since I've switched to 22PLE, I haven't had the need to do any sealing or aggressive paint correction. I like the ergonomics of the Griot's.

I was looking at the porter cable. I don't need anything really aggressive as the paint on all of my vehicles is good. Not a novice but certainly not an expert

Griot's Garage has more power and isn't much more than the PC7424. Autozone on Sawmill has them now. Pick up HDSpeed and some Orange Lake Country Pads. You'll need 5 for your car. Thin pads will work much better on the 7424 or Griot's units. Especially if you go 5 or 6" in size. Will finish like a mirror. :) Top that will some Collinite 845 and you'll be set through fall. If you want, I have plenty of HDSpeed that you can use. The Anderson's carries Collinite too.

Add to the list, some CarPro Iron-X and Clay bar of your choice.

Edited by TTQ B4U

Griot's Garage has more power and isn't much more than the PC7424. Pick up HDSpeed and some Orange Lake Country Pads. Will finish like a mirror. :) Top that will some Collinite 845 and you'll be set through fall.

This one?

http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/orbital+correcting+wax+kit.do?sortby=ourPicks&refType=1

Do you have a rupes? Curious how it compares to your orbital.

Rupes do a really good job. The long throw helps correct fast and very nicely. Their 15 is a popular one. Keep in mind the 21 is a decent size throw/orbit so if you have tight spots, lots of emblems/letters you'll need a smaller back up too as you tear up pads hitting them. Nice units. I added Flex 3401 as I wanted a forced rotation unit to avoid stalling on curves, etc. Wife picked one up for me as a B-day gift. She's awesome!

Flex. But I recommend a DA like the Porter Cable for a rookie. It's slower, but you won't hologram your shit with it.

You'll be fine with a Flex 3401 as it's a DA unit and won't hologram. Has the power of a rotary with nice size orbit both add up to upwards of 50% faster correction.

I bought the Mequiars microfiber DA system when I worked at Jegs's, mostly because I got a good deal on it. It works good for what it is, I made a lot of progress on my Impala with it but it's not quite there. I think a flex 3401 is in my future so I can get a little more aggressive, and try some various compounds and polishes.

I really like the Chemical Guys products I have tried, of course I have two white cars and a black Impala so I have only used their color specific stuff, for that I can say I am very happy with their whitelight, blacklight, white wax, and black wax.

I'm still up in the air on what I'll use for a better selection of compounds and polishes, but I think all I plan on doing this year is doing a sealant on the cars in the fall.

I bought the Mequiars microfiber DA system when I worked at Jegs's, mostly because I got a good deal on it. It works good for what it is, I made a lot of progress on my Impala with it but it's not quite there. I think a flex 3401 is in my future so I can get a little more aggressive, and try some various compounds and polishes.

You'll love the 3401 or the newer version due out this summer. The megs unit gets good reviews, for like you said, what it is.

I am very happy with their whitelight, blacklight, white wax, and black wax.

I do like their glazes white/black light. I used to use the Megs version of White Wax on my MS3. Never used Chem Guys version.

I'm still up in the air on what I'll use for a better selection of compounds and polishes, but I think all I plan on doing this year is doing a sealant on the cars in the fall.

I'm really digging the HD Product line. HDAdapt did an amazing job and finished out like glass. No additional polish was needed. Polish and Sealant All in One I like and use is HDSpeed. Finishes as good if not better than the Menzerna SF4000 which is a benchmark, especially for German finishes which use a different clear make up. You'll like them and they are very cost effective too.