Any idea what these 4 planes were today?

SpaceGhost

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160613/def38f9928eba2540afd48db03d7a44f.jpg

These guys were flying over the house all weekend. Dropping Trainer Paratroopers at OSU Airport. Someone told me it was a C130.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just for reference here is a Southwest flight flying over us at the same spot I just took the pic of the 4 planes. So those 4 planes were way up there, they looked way smaller.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160613/0186b4eb5819ccdf5824397c3c7207f7.jpg

Were you watching baseball at JW Reason in Hilliard? Because that's exactly the same angle I saw those planes from. The Dayton air show is this weekend both those planes were going the wrong way for that. I really have no clue what they were but they were high enough you couldn't here them and the contrails were thin enough that they were some kind of fighter.

Were you watching baseball at JW Reason in Hilliard? Because that's exactly the same angle I saw those planes from. The Dayton air show is this weekend both those planes were going the wrong way for that. I really have no clue what they were but they were high enough you couldn't here them and the contrails were thin enough that they were some kind of fighter.

Daughter's Softball game at Metzger park in Westerville. I agree looked like 4 fighters, Thumderbirds, Blue Angels?

The air show is in Dayton this weekend. The planes could be coming in for that.

The blue angles were supposed to be the main attraction for it this year, but they cancelled after the crash from a couple of weeks ago.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160613/def38f9928eba2540afd48db03d7a44f.jpg

These guys were flying over the house all weekend. Dropping Trainer Paratroopers at OSU Airport. Someone told me it was a C130.

I live right by Lakes Country Club and this guy was circling us a few times, flying much lower than normal air traffic we get over the house....was wondering myself

Was awesome to see the C17 this weekend. Saw it all day Saturday at the pool across the street from Don Scott. They didnt jump because of wind and then saw it again on Sunday.

They do a lot of jumps over at Don Scott and is pretty cool to watch. I have seen groupings of Blackhawks, Apaches and Chinooks fly in and out of there over the past 2.5 years.

I heard Don Scott has an agreement with the reserves to use the field for exercises and fuel.

I'm going with how close they are they are f16s I watched same planes fly over and I've never seen cargo planes fly in a finger 4 formation. I'm guessing they left Toledo headed somewhere. They weren't going anyplace in columbus being up in the flight levels like they were

I posted the picture within minutes of taking it. Post shows 7:52pm.

Asked an f15 pilot and he thinks they are f16s, given how fast the far right one was weaving around when i watched them it makes sense. Where did you take the pic from? Looks like a baseball diamond and I have the same angle in my pics I took.

We aren't west of Findlay and they were heading east over Columbus when i saw them. Now that doesn't mean it wasn't some of the 180th boys playing around but it doesn't mean it was then either

We aren't west of Findlay and they were heading east over Columbus when i saw them. Now that doesn't mean it wasn't some of the 180th boys playing around but it doesn't mean it was then either

Very true, moa are for maneuvers and games, sounds like they could be doing cross country flights as well which means they could head to a number of airports in any direction. Since they were at that altitude it wasn't a short flight they were on I don't think

They absolutely could have been over northern Ohio, I was at a softball game in Westerville north of columbus, and the pic I took is looking north. So they could have been over Marion or even farther north as clearly they were pretty high up but low on the horizon. They definitely didn't fly OVER columbus. They were just visible from Columbus.