Cordless Impacts: What To Get?

wagner

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a 18 volt Ryobi One+ 1/2 impact. Works well. I use it for what you described.

I have this one as well, it's a great impact.

I would suggest also buying the impact driver they offer as well. You can run 1/4 and 3/8 on it, and it can zip most items apart and together without over torquing. I use this more than my 1/2" impact.

Have 2 different Snap-On 3/8 impacts and not bad at all. However for the price and reviews I've read and heard from other techs I'm really tempted to trade them I on a Milwaukee M18 set. However I would want minimum 1/4" driver, 3/8" impact and 1/2" impact

The warranty on the tools and battery is what's awesome

Milwaukee fuel series. My 3/8 m18 will take off and put on wheels, I've used it in a pinch on my TA. But the 1/2 impact is a beast, used it to take lugs off a tractor trailer. Kills the battery but it can be done.

I'm unsure what warranty is offered through the store but mine came with a 5year warranty no questions asked on the body and 2years on the battery when ordered through cornwell.

In the 1 year I've owned my impacts, guy I work will has sent his snap on lithium in already after 6months and it's still acting up.

I have a Milwaukee M18 with the 5.0 amp hour battery. I can take it to the track and use it it change tires on multiple cars and it never skips a beat. It's also been able to take off the flywheel but on my rotary (spec is 325 ft lbs and slathered in locktite), axle nuts on Andy's Porsche and axle/hub nuts on all of my vehicles.

Now that the fuel is out it's a no brainer with even More power. I also have their M12 fuel 3/8" impact and M12 3/8" electric ratchet. The ratchet is a MUST HAVE.

I have a Milwaukee M18 with the 5.0 amp hour battery. I can take it to the track and use it it change tires on multiple cars and it never skips a beat. It's also been able to take off the flywheel but on my rotary (spec is 325 ft lbs and slathered in locktite), axle nuts on Andy's Porsche and axle/hub nuts on all of my vehicles.

Now that the fuel is out it's a no brainer with even More power. I also have their M12 fuel 3/8" impact and M12 3/8" electric ratchet. The ratchet is a MUST HAVE.

+1 on the cordless ratchet.

I've had one of these for about 6 months now.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-X4-18-Volt-1-2-in-Impact-Wrench-Tool-Only-R86010B/203930523

Lifetime warranty, great power, great price point too. It literally cuts the maintenance time by 2/3 when doing a tire rotation. You could buy a gift card for the purchase, get the fuel points, and I'll meet up with me for 10% off.

FYI, Dewalt really isn't a 20V. Drops to 16 as soon as you put a load on it.

Milwaukee M18 all the way.

The Metabo units are nice too.

Check out coptool.com for a heads up comparison.

Snap On LOL

Come visit me Wags. I'll show you the ways of the Impacts.