College Football 2016/17

Lauren

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where does Les go? How big of a drop off of a program does he go to after LSU? I'm thinking there is a good possibility he comes to the B1G. I could see PSU losing 5-6 games this year and saying bye bye to shit show James Franklin and bringing in Miles if he's unemployed this off-season still

Where does Les go? How big of a drop off of a program does he go to after LSU? I'm thinking there is a good possibility he comes to the B1G. I could see PSU losing 5-6 games this year and saying bye bye to shit show James Franklin and bringing in Miles if he's unemployed this off-season still

I 100% agree. I think a previous powerhouse that has dropped will pick up him. I think places like USC, Penn State or Miami (depending on how they finish the season) will take him. Any school who's willing to take the gamble to return to prominence.

Let's talk about the shit show at Oregon. They have dropped off the face of the earth after chip Kelly left. Helfrich is gone after this season. I could see Lane Kiffin ending up there for sure. He knows the Pac 12 and given Oregons connection to Nike and Lanes ability to recruit he could turn that program around.

Let's talk about the shit show at Oregon. They have dropped off the face of the earth after chip Kelly left. Helfrich is gone after this season. I could see Lane Kiffin ending up there for sure. He knows the Pac 12 and given Oregons connection to Nike and Lanes ability to recruit he could turn that program around.

Agreed, except they haven't fallen off the face of the earth until the last season and a half...remember 2014? Heck they weren't terrible last year either.

I 100% agree. I think a previous powerhouse that has dropped will pick up him. I think places like USC, Penn State or Miami (depending on how they finish the season) will take him. Any school who's willing to take the gamble to return to prominence.

I think Miami is content with Richt. They're almost back in the top 10 within his first year (haven't been tested yet) I'm sure they'll give him at least a few years. I doubt USC goes for Les, but you never know. I just see Les as more of a B1G or SEC guy and I think USC is looking for their next Pete Carroll which is definitely not Les lol.

I think Miami is content with Richt. They're almost back in the top 10 within his first year (haven't been tested yet) I'm sure they'll give him at least a few years. I doubt USC goes for Les, but you never know. I just see Les as more of a B1G or SEC guy and I think USC is looking for their next Pete Carroll which is definitely not Les lol.

Dude I totally forgot Miami just made a change with Richt.

Previous statement retracted. :gabe:

Agreed, except they haven't fallen off the face of the earth until the last season and a half...remember 2014? Heck they weren't terrible last year either.

He inherited Kelly recruits that included Mariotta. Helfrich hasn't done anything since being in charge.

LSU is stupid. All these names except Herman are a downgrade from Miles.

Truth.

That being said, I'm standing by my statement that Houston will be in the Big 12 next season, and that might be enough to make Herman stay. Herman, while he spent a couple seasons in Ohio, is a Texas guy.

Clemson DOES feel a lot like O State form a year ago. They have been treated as such as well. No losses, and yet have dropped steadily in the polls.

A school like Purdue should be on the phone with Les. It's a perfect fit really, not a lot of pressure to win, but draws in recruits they otherwise would never have a chance with due to his name alone. Plus it'd pump some energy back in to that fan base. I went there a few years ago and there were more OSU fans than Purdue fans hands down.

I think Herman stays in Houston, or possibly goes to Baylor if the Big 12 drags their feet on expansion or doesn't include Houston.

I could see Purdue going for Les. How long does Northwestern stick with Pat Fitzgerald?

Urban won't leave. He will retire a Buckeye. He WANTED to come here, and now he has it. He's quite successful and he's a positive influence. You can tell by his on and off-field mannerisms that he's extremely happy here. If he wanted more money, OSU would write him a blank check, guaranteed. He's done so much for this team since Tressel was fired, both on and off-field.

Week 5 Picks:

#7 Stanford @ #10 Washington

#8 Wisconsin @ #4 Michigan

#11 Tennessee @ 25 Georgia

Oklahoma @ #21 TCU

#18 Utah @ Cal

Game of the Week

#3 Louisville @ #5 Clemson

Upset Pick

Memphis @ #16 Ole Miss

Under the Radar Game to Watch

Michigan State @ Indiana

Washington over Stanford

Whisky over Michigan

Otherwise I agree with your picks except ole miss will not lose to Memphis.

Watch out for Memphis... I know the transitive property doesn't always work, but it can be at least a decent measuring stick for a team. They beat Bowling Green 77-3. tOSU beat them 77-10. Memphis also beat Kansas 43-7. They are better than a lot of people want to give them credit for this year. They would be a top 4-5 team in every P5 Conference I think