College Football 2016/17

Lauren

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My week 3 picks. Tons of great games, probably better or at least equal to week 1.

Alabama 45

Ole Miss 31

Florida State 34

Louisville 41

Ohio Sate 38

Oklahoma 20

Michigan St 17

Notre Dame 27

USC 20

Stanford 34

Texas A&M 20

Auburn 14

Kinda Upset Pick of the Week I guess?

Oregon 41

Nebraska 45

I also think NDSU could give Iowa some serious problems. I wouldn't be surprised if Iowa lost that game honestly.

I've been getting on the Oklahoma message boards and the Rivals college football board and the majority of Oklahoma fans are terrified. They look at Ohio State as a Houston on steroids. They were talking about how much they struggled with Houston's hurry up offense and that our receivers could give their struggling secondary a lot of issues.

The match up to look for I think will be how our young O-Line handles the hostile/loud environment. Oklahoma has a fairly strong D-Line, probably their strong point on defense which may force us to pass. I could see a lot of set up screens and designed runs for Barrett to get the offense going early.

Also, did you guys hear that Ohio State rented out Oklahoma's basketball stadium for a pre-game pep-rally?! :lolguy: That is embarrassing honestly if you're Oklahoma. When you consider yourself a blue-blood, that should never happen.

The only thing that really worries me is Baker Mayfields ability to make plays and their strong run game. I think the keys to a Buckeye victory are get up early on them (Oklahoma tends to roll over and die when they're in a hole), take away the run and force them to throw as much as possible. Mayfield is prone to forcing things at time and I like our opportunistic secondary to make a few big plays.

One of the big things I have read in multiple scouting reports is that OU's offensive line has a lot of trouble with athletic defensive lineman. Look for OSU to be in their Rushmen package a lot of the game.

. I think the keys to a Buckeye victory are get up early on them (Oklahoma tends to roll over and die when they're in a hole), take away the run and force them to throw as much as possible. Mayfield is prone to forcing things at time and I like our opportunistic secondary to make a few big plays.

^ Exactly this. If OSU is leading by two scores at the half, I think they cruise to an easy win.

Did you guys hear the comments the Oklahoma back up QB made? He called the OSU defense "basic" and said Baker is going to shred them.

Yeah, and I think it's no big deal. The true freshman backup quarterback said it on the university TV station. I don't think he was trying to put OSU down, and even if he was, his opinion is irrelevant.

Now if Mayfield gets hurt and the backup goes in, I think it might be kind of interesting to see how he handles it. He said he thinks he could shred their defense too.

My week 3 picks. Tons of great games, probably better or at least equal to week 1.

Alabama 45

Ole Miss 31

Florida State 34

Louisville 41

Ohio Sate 38

Oklahoma 20

Michigan St 17

Notre Dame 27

USC 20

Stanford 34

Texas A&M 20

Auburn 14

Kinda Upset Pick of the Week I guess?

Oregon 41

Nebraska 45

I also think NDSU could give Iowa some serious problems. I wouldn't be surprised if Iowa lost that game honestly.

This except I'll take Auburn over A&M and Oklohoma over OSU. I think the Sooners throttle Ohio state today.