WTB: $1K-$5K car

BBQdDude

Can't imagine the gas mileage will be great on any of those. (Going to be hard to find a good awd car that also gets 28+, anyway, though.) Forester looks nice, though. CRV will get better mileage than any of those listed, I would think. Ad for the Caliber says it has a CVT? Wasn't aware they came with those.

Toyota Matrix? They have awd versions, but fwd is sufficient-a ton of room in them.

If you do look at these, don't forget about its twin, the Pontiac Vibe.

We passed on a one-owner 2002 Mini Cooper stick...only 82k miles and full service from MAG back to purchase...

Would be a great-MPG cruiser for $3400. Only problem I saw was no cruise control. Heated seats, great stereo, power everything but no cruise???

Thank you, sent a feeler to the Forester in Akron. 28 MPG freeway, sounds like it is in the ballpark

I bought a 2002 WRX off a member here. had to sort out a few things...brakes...exhaust and AC repairs. Parts are cheap. Did all of it myself. I have about $4k all-in. I've put 5k on the odometer as a DD. Averaging about 26mpg. It's a fun drive. I'm happy.

• 2 weeks later...