Taking a poll for fun events next year

OH 97SC300

Ok........I'd like some honest feedback and thoughts of participating in something like this.

First of all....let me explain where this is coming from. I used to have a Twin Turbo Stealth (back in the day) (some of you may actually remember that). There was a "National Gathering" of other Stealths and 3000GT owners out in Ocean City Maryland each year. I made it out to two of them. We would coordinate with other cars in the region (Ohio, MI, KY, etc..) and we convoyed over to MD. We rolled usually 15-20 cars all the way over. I think the drive over was more fun than the actual event.

I've been apart of other car events where I'd meet with up other car guys and drive over to the event. Whether it was just driving over to National Trails or Norwalk. The drive again was usually the funniest part. It wasn't necessarily about driving stupid and racing the entire time neither. Driving thru small towns, everyone just seems to stop and stare when you drive thru with 10-20 nice cars, lol.

So this got me thinking, why not start something like this where the actual event was just driving somewhere, lol.

I wouldn't want to make it a weekly thing, I'm sketchy to even want to do it monthly, I'm thinking every month and a half, so maybe 4 or 5 times for the year, starting next spring'ish.

Basically meet up somewhere like Easton around 7:30am on a given Saturday, during meet up I'll explain where we are headed, then head out around 8am, would be 1.5-2 hours out on average, stop at a small town, hang out for 30'ish mins, then head back to Cbus.

That's kinda the basic concept, thoughts? Who would be actually interested in doing something like this? I think more the merrier.

We do this in the Ohio Cobra Club. They have 'cruises' a half a dozen times per year. Most are most of the day but you can break off anytime. Typically have 10-20 cars and take scenic drives with a stop somewhere for lunch/socializing and then a scenic drive back. I'd say typically put 100+ miles on the car per day.

We did this out in Idaho and Montana. Out of Boise we had a cruise every summer for someone who died before I moved there but was very involved in the forum.

It was all 2 lane roads but they did a 4 hour loop and just had the rule of no passing the lead car. Only one accident / incident and that was at a stop sign where someone tapped another driver. Sucked but could happen anywhere.

I will try to find some pictures but it was usually 100+ cars.

Cruises were always my favorite meet type events.

Several area clubs do this, Ohio G Club has hosted several then do the Annual One Lap event for PTSD, you also have the Central Ohio Subaru group that do pretty regular cruises. We also did 2 post C&C Cruises this year as Draco mentioned

Mike, let's plan some cruises to Hocking Hills or Rt.555, around CC&C. It's the perfect springboard.

Would you want to do them that early in the morning, instead of midday?

Leave in morning and coordinate who brings what for a Lunch cook out? Couple small grills or use charcoal ones at a state park? Just a thought.

Leave in morning and coordinate who brings what for a Lunch cook out? Couple small grills or use charcoal ones at a state park? Just a thought.

Cool idea. Those small grills pack a punch, I have one for my apartment and can fit 4-5 steaks on one :masturboy: