Pics! Any reason not to buy an ATS?

Zx2guy19

Currently I have a 2015 Ford Fusion Titanium (Ecoboost) and I really do love the car. Decent gas mileage, decent speed, etc. The only "issue" is that it's a lease, and I have 7 payments left.

However, I've got this weird Cadillac ATS bug that I can't seem to shake. I found a nice ass 2014 ATS, AWD 2.0T, black on black, for a great price. I desperately want to consolidate down to two vehicles (I currently have 3) and this will allow me to do so, because I'll own it and I can mod it. I have no desire to mod my Fusion.

So, talk me OUT of buying the ATS (or not, if you think it's a smart move).

If I can have minimal out of pocket costs and keep my payment within $25 of each other, I think I'm going to do it.

Anything I should know prior to?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They use pretty low profile tires on it. 225 45 17/225 40 18/ and some stagger a 255 35 18 rear. They come stock with michelins. Using a cheaper or stiffer replacement Tire turns the ride to hell. Just remember that and they look nice. We see alot coming off lease through the auction and needing tires at about 30/35k before they're resold

They use pretty low profile tires on it. 225 45 17/225 40 18/ and some stagger a 255 35 18 rear. They come stock with michelins. Using a cheaper or stiffer replacement Tire turns the ride to hell. Just remember that and they look nice. We see alot coming off lease through the auction and needing tires at about 30/35k before they're resold

One of the first things I'll do is wheels/tires/drop, so that should address that. Thanks Derek!

I like that it's on the Alpha platform, we had a basic used one (previous rental) on the lot and it was inoffensive and boring, but a nicer equipped one would be a really great daily IMO.

2.0T? They're definitely not exciting in their stock form, but for under 3k you can bring it from 270 to close to 400hp.

My plan is to take 5k and do wheels/tires/coils/tune/exhaust/intake and just make it 325-350 as a nice DD.

Why not just buy an ATS-V?

Because for a significant amount less, I can have this and bring it to the power of an ATS-V.

So the payment is going to be $25 more a month than I pay now, and I have to pay off the remainder of my lease ($2,225).

or you could just wait 7 months, when ats-vs will be 7 months cheaper and you don't have to pay off the remainder of your lease.

I'm currently tracking way over on my mileage and need to dump it before I get hit with a giant mileage penalty anyway.

yeah, no way I'd be paying to get rid of a leased car. Stick it out through the winter, and have a nice new car in spring.

Auto LOL

Most of them are auto. I also drive bumper to bumper traffic in and out of work, which is why I dumped the S4. Sucked balls to drive.

Other than it being a Regal/Malibu in a purty RWD dress? Nope not at all.

A friend of mind has a 2014 2.0t Malibu with full exhaust, cai, tune, and better tires and we are pretty much dead even from a dig up until about 50mph then I start pulling away.

Quick cars w/ mods I imagine the ATS would be slightly quicker with it being RWD no? You can get the turbo Regals in AWD though.

Other than it being a Regal/Malibu in a purty RWD dress? Nope not at all.

A friend of mind has a 2014 2.0t Malibu with full exhaust, cai, tune, and better tires and we are pretty much dead even from a dig up until about 50mph then I start pulling away.

Quick cars w/ mods I imagine the ATS would be slightly quicker with it being RWD no? You can get the turbo Regals in AWD though.

They are AWD. At least most are (and this one is).

They are AWD. At least most are (and this one is).

Oh ,well shit I had no clue. I was looking at a 13 Malibu as a daily before getting the Volt.

I love the way simple cold air intake gives you a noticeable BOV like sound on that engine.