Pics! Any reason not to buy an ATS?

Zx2guy19

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, talk me OUT of buying the ATS (or not, if you think it's a smart move).

Can you realistically afford the payment while saving for the future? (obviously yes, but this is what i ask myself when I'm car shopping)

And, is it really what you want or, if you're being honest with yourself, would it be an impulse purchase after the "new factor" has worn off?

This is what I ask myself when I'm car/truck shopping and have thankfully avoided making some mistakes that I would've regretted later. But if you earned it and you want it, go for it. It's a lease so its not like you will be stuck forever.

Carl, the ATS wouldn't be a lease. It'd be a purchase.

I'm going to look at it today at 8:45. The numbers have to work or I'm sticking with my lease. It is the car I want. It's exactly what I've been looking for about 3k cheaper than I've found. I love that they're boosted, AWD, luxurious, decent on gas (same exact numbers as my fusion). The insurance is the exact same price as my fusion, but I can sell my colt and save $25 a month in insurance on that.

Jive, Fuck off lol. That was good man.

Got it. Actually, got a different one.

2014, AWD, 2.0T premium package with 12,500 miles.

I am keeping my fusion until the lease is done. I'll have double payments for 6 months/$1900 hit. Don't care, I wanted this car and got a deal I couldn't pass up.

I am keeping my fusion until the lease is done. I'll have double payments for 6 months/$1900 hit. Don't care, I wanted this car and got a deal I couldn't pass up.

Nice congrats!

Congrats. Post some pics! PM me and I'll put a force field of shine around it to protect it from winter :p

Two potato pictures:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y225/chopperman19/IMG_6757_zpso4fpt5zy.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y225/chopperman19/IMG_6761_zpscit9t2g7.jpg

Yes, the car is "Majestic Plum Metallic"...it looks really nice in person and I'm dropping it with black wheels so it'll look like a fresh ass barney car.

Two potato pictures:

Yes, the car is "Majestic Plum Metallic"...it looks really nice in person and I'm dropping it with black wheels so it'll look like a fresh ass barney car.

Ugh...why?

A rich, metallic color...chrome/aluminum accents everywhere...and you're going to black out the rolling stock? :thumbdown

Is there a spare tire in this car? My wifes cousin has a similar Caddy and he said he has no spare (due in part to the brembo brakes I guess). Anyhow, that is a nice looking car, I really like the color.

No spare! Pretty cool that the battery is in the trunk already though lol.

I'm open to rim color. Will black not look good? LOL

Tim brought a nice, Vossen-like option to the conversation. I would say drop it first, then see if CTS-V/ATS-V wheels would fit?

Unless the rest of the car is black or body-color, I just wouldn't think black wheels would look good unless they have polished barrels or something.

Also: Those black valence panels cheapen the look of the car. Any way you can get these LED inserts to retrofit into the bumper?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cadillac-ATS-Performance-/381817718887?forcerrptr=true&hash=item58e61c0867:g:eswAAOSw8gVYBUII&item=381817718887

Tim brought a nice, Vossen-like option to the conversation. I would say drop it first, then see if CTS-V/ATS-V wheels would fit?

Unless the rest of the car is black or body-color, I just wouldn't think black wheels would look good unless they have polished barrels or something.

Also: Those black valence panels cheapen the look of the car. Any way you can get these LED inserts to retrofit into the bumper?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cadillac-ATS-Performance-/381817718887?forcerrptr=true&hash=item58e61c0867:g:eswAAOSw8gVYBUII&item=381817718887

Agreed, bronze or copper.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Is there a spare tire in this car? My wifes cousin has a similar Caddy and he said he has no spare (due in part to the brembo brakes I guess). Anyhow, that is a nice looking car, I really like the color.

No new Cadillac has a spare. Only escalade had them 2008-2014. New body style escalade dumped the spare too.

Just leaving this here:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-aHSmGG35AOU/VU9Oqn73AVI/AAAAAAAAzE4/tCJZQWdk03k/s1600/Exclusive-Motoring-Cadillac-ATS-on-Vossen-VFS1-wheels-04.jpg

Is that the same color as mine- purple metallic or whatever the hell it is? That looks awesome. The only thing black on the car is the windows, so maybe they wouldn't look good.

Clay- I do think I can get those to fit, because I agree that they don't look the best. However, once an intercooler kits goes on I think those go away.

Is that the same color as mine- purple metallic or whatever the hell it is? That looks awesome. The only thing black on the car is the windows, so maybe they wouldn't look good.

IMO the photo is of a black car. The color balance and exposure are off on that image. I could correct it but instead just linked to their image.

I can make yours shine better than that :p

I wouldn't go with black wheels if it were me. Go with an anthracite if anything dark. IMO you lose too much of the visual depth and design of a wheel when it's solid black.

Save